Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone own a Ruger MKIII

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

LCI fillers came in! Have them on both the MKIII and the 22/45 now. All the bad features are now gone.

If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

I had a MkI many years ago, it got away. I now have a MkIII Standard Model with 6" barrel. I really enjoy it. I have no problem with the LCI or the magazine disconnect.
    Although it's just too darn pretty to wear daily around the farm (that's what the Single Six is for), it has dispatched a troublesome rooster. Remington Yellow Jacket hyper velocity hollow points work real well.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I owned one for about a year and then sold it. They are very accruate and seemed to be reliable, until you tried to field strip and clean it. To do general care maintenance requires a PhD in mechanical engineering with a minor in flexible gymnastics to get it apart and especially to put it back together again. Look up some videos on You tube on how taking it apart and putting it back together. It may surprise you.
    Well I only have a BSME but I was able to field strip it and reassemble without too much trouble. It did require some taps with a rubber mallet (as written in Rugers owner's manual) I am not a big fan of having to beat on a gun to get it apart and back together. I hope it loosens up with time. I think I'll ditch the magazine safety, it was kind of a bitch following each step, insert magazine, pull trigger, remove magazine, insert magazine, pull trigger, remove magazine over and over. I also think it breeds poor firearms safety habits.

I did notice that the thing is built as two clam-shell stampings which are welded together which is kinda cool because I'm not used to seeing welded parts in mass produced firearms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12