Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Wife is in the Hospital!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Thumbs up

Continuing prayers for your wife towards a speedy recovery.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    UPDATE: Wife is finally coherant again. She managed to get up and useing a waker, hobble to the bathroom with at least one nurse and myself following her just in case she slipped / stumbled.

Got to see the digital X-Ray shots of the knee before and after. The tibial plateau broke more to the back of the knee. First they moved the bone into position, drilled and placed at least 4 (I assume titanium) screws. Then they put in a contoured titanium plate and a bunch more screws.

With all those bits of metal run through the bone, no wonder she's been in so much pain and there is so much swelling. I wonder if she'll trip metal detecters at the Airports now?
    My wife had three aneuryisms in her brain clipped with titanium 10 years ago and she just told me they don't set off the detecters when she flies, of course they are much smaller than the metal in your wifes knee.

Paulette always carries a card from her doctor and a medical bracelet explaining her condition when she flies.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Ouch...get well soon.

When she does i have a suggestion for a new hobby.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    My wife had three aneuryisms in her brain clipped with titanium 10 years ago and she just told me they don't set off the detecters when she flies, of course they are much smaller than the metal in your wifes knee.

Paulette always carries a card from her doctor and a medical bracelet explaining her condition when she flies.
    Yes, they did mention they'd give her a card explaining she had hardware in her knee.

I hope she's feeling better.

My mom loves to ride horses. She has had many injuries because of this. I know that one day, I will get the call that the horse is still walking.

Still praying for a speedy recovery.

Thumbs up

UPDATE Sunday: She is continuing to do better, becoming more mobile. Range of movement exercises continue to pay off. Still more alert today and there is talk now that she might be able to come home tomorrow and have in house Physical Therapy visits vs. going to a managed care facility.

was_peacemaker
    She's been taking Horse riding lessons. Stupid beast bolted when she was mounting and the result is broken right Tibial Plateau just below the knee. They were talking surgery 9:15 AM Thursday morning but I got a call last night at midnight from her. They just got here back to the room having done a CAT scan to look for cartlidge and ligament damage. I think that might mean they do surgery today vs. Thursday.

Say a prayer for her guys, her name is Emily. Thanks!

Dang...I am so sorry man. I hope everything works out. Prayers sent. Good time to read the Psalms.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

UPDATE Sunday: She is continuing to do better, becoming more mobile. Range of movement exercises continue to pay off. Still more alert today and there is talk now that she might be able to come home tomorrow and have in house Physical Therapy visits vs. going to a managed care facility.
    Glad to hear it! Tell her the board is rooting for her recovery.

Thumbs up

Final Update: Emily is home now. Still in a lot of pain when moving and there will be months of physical therapy. We have a come to your home PT service lined up to come out tomorrow. Insurance is supposed to take care of most of this. Anyway, she is a lot happier at home now.

Great news. Now about that horse.

Hey Don
    Sorry to hear about the wife, glad she is home now and feeling better. I am hoping for a speedy recovery!
    Hang in there.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Going to be a long summer but better she is home then stuck in the hospital all day every day. Still praying for the both of you and don't give up when she gets a little crabby. It's a small price to pay for being able to have her home.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Sorry to hear, what they wont do for attention... just messin with you. Been there twice with the wife, and she tried to break a finger last weekend. These are the things that make us old. Keep her smiling, prayers sent out to both of you.

Thanks gentlemen. Emily continues to improve in her ability to move in the walker, but she still has a long way to go. The leg is still very painful and her time between pain meds is always the minimum time. I think she's developing a tolerance for the drugs Hydrocodone.

Thanks gentlemen. Emily continues to improve in her ability to move in the walker, but she still has a long way to go. The leg is still very painful and her time between pain meds is always the minimum time. I think she's developing a tolerance for the drugs Hydrocodone.
    That is the problem with opiate based pain meds. Ask her doctor about Tramadol. It is a german invented synthetic vicodin, less addictive non opiate based, but the best part is you do not build up a tolerance to it. The down side, dosage is limited to 6-8 a day (100mg ea) otherwise you run the risk of side effects (convulsions) I used it for 4 years when I had bone spur and herniated disc in my neck. My doctor had never prescribed it and now he does on a regular basis for long term pain management. I learned about it on a French Caribbean island Ξles des Saintes where its use is more common.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123