Thread: Supposed GUN owner supports banning guns......

Supposed GUN owner supports banning guns......

this guys sounds like a douchebag FUDD. I actually THINK he is a damned liar when he states that he is a gun owner......

http://www.thedailypage.com/citizend...?article=36189

Citizen Dave: Idea of the Week... ban handguns and automatic weapons
    Dave Cieslewicz
    Tuesday 03/13/2012

Last week it happened again. Another school. Another disturbed young person. Another needless firearm legally purchased. Another good person dead as a result.

Last Tuesday, a 28 year-old former Spanish teacher named Shane Schumerth walked into the office of Dale Regan, the principal of the school where he had been recently fired, pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle and killed her before committing suicide.

A week earlier, T.J. Lane, a 17 year-old Ohio boy, took out his .22 semi-automatic pistol and killed three people and injured two more.

And the week before that, a third-grader grabs the family's legally bought .45 and sticks it in his backpack on the way to school. The result was a seriously injured nine year-old.

And then, of course, there was Columbine (15 dead) and Virginia Tech (32 dead). You can read the grizzly toll in this archive provided by the New York Times.

And that's just school shootings. Gabby Giffords' promising career was put to an end, as were the lives of six innocent people by a madman with a gun.

Even laptop computers aren't safe. A father in North Carolina recently plugged his daughter's Dell with nine rounds from his handgun because she "disrespected" him in some Facebook postings.

The U.S. had 9,369 murders committed with firearms in 2002. Only South Africa, Columbia and Thailand outrank us, and the next three countries on the list are the Philippines, Mexico, and Slovakia.

Great company to be in. Where does the rest of the developed and sane world fall? Well, Germany had 269, Spain had 97, Australia 59, Japan 47, the U.K. had 14, Ireland 12, you get the picture.

And yet the silence from American politicians has been deafening. Even the modest proposals suggested in the wake of the Giffords massacre (to ban the high-volume ammunition clips used by the gunman, to prod states to submit names of the mentally disturbed to the federal watch list for gun sales, and to plug the notorious gun-show loophole that allows anyone to buy high-powered military weapons without a background check) have died quiet deaths.

The problem is that the National Rifle Association's radical agenda of the last few decades has been spectacularly successful. By opposing even the smallest and most responsible of gun control measures, they have cowed mainstream politicians (even most liberals) from even so much as using the words "gun" and "control" in the same sentence.

The answer is not more silence and even more modest proposals. The answer is not to make nice with the radicals in the NRA. The answer, for those of us who want to end the gun carnage, is to make bold proposals that pull the debate back in our direction.

My bold proposal is to simply ban the manufacture, sale and possession of all handguns and automatic weapons everywhere in America. There is just no reason for the existence of these weapons of mass destruction. Their only real purpose is to kill people, and target practice is hardly a good enough reason to have all of this destructive deadly force around. They should be banned.

Now, I am a gun owner, but I don't view my guns as the bulwark of my freedom; I see them as pieces of recreational equipment that I store next to my golf clubs. My guns are no more important to my freedom than my nine iron, and we'd be in sorry shape if our liberty depended on my accuracy with either.

My proposal probably should apply to my own semi-automatic deer-hunting rifle, but that's okay. My gunsmith tells me that the old 30.06 isn't long for this world anyway and I've wanted to replace it with a bolt action.

But isn't this kind of effective gun control a violation of the Second Amendment? Yes, based on some wrong-headed 5-4 rulings from an outrageously conservative U.S. Supreme Court, my proposal almost certainly runs afoul of the Second Amendment. But that doesn't point out what's wrong with the idea; it points out what's wrong with the Second Amendment. In my view the Second Amendment should be amended or repealed, and failing that, we can only hope that a more moderate court will restore some sanity to its interpretation some day.

Like most Americans, I've had enough of the senseless carnage and enough of weak-kneed politicians fearful of taking on the radical gun lobby. It's time we started to fight back and beat them at their own game, and that can only happen with strong proposals from our side of the debate.
    Last edited by Gunreference1; 03-15-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added link to story

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    A Seminar caller......

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by from article
    pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle
    Why can these crazies get an "AK-47 assault rifle" but honest people like me are banned from owning one or can't afford the one or two that are papered according to the new second amendment as defined by ATF?

He used the word "clip". Obvious douche is obvious.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I would bet Dave isn't a gun owner or someone that had the first idea of what the 2nd is about.

Last week 24 heroine drug dealers were caught from MEXICO, we should ban Mexico, cars or trucks that may be used to transport them, clothes that might be worn by the dealers, and ban all money used to by any of the above.

It is a bunch of talking points updated. I think it might do better if we ban gang bangers.
    Lower crime, free up available firearms and ammo. Just a thought.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

After a little rough math... assuming 1 gun murder = 1 gun used for murder, that would make it only 1 gun out of every 30 thousand that's used to commit murder... Obviously, its the guns fault.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

He needs to beat himself over the head with his 9 iron! What a douche!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Like most Americans, I've had enough of the senseless carnage and enough of weak-kneed politicians fearful of taking on the radical gun lobby.

TOSS MY SALAD
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

He's no gun owner.

How long do you figure it will be before he closes the comments section?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

They're not addressing the source of the problem, just what the regime hopes they address instead, as usual. The only solution is to ban public education.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Citizen Dave is the typical northern male on male oral abortionist liberal fucktard. If you read his past articles, you will see that he is up bamas green agenda ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    this guys sounds like a douchebag FUDD. I actually THINK he is a damned liar when he states that he is a gun owner......
    Now, I am a gun owner, but I don't view my guns as the bulwark of my freedom; I see them as pieces of recreational equipment that I store next to my golf clubs. My guns are no more important to my freedom than my nine iron, and we'd be in sorry shape if our liberty depended on my accuracy with either.
    My guns are 100% for recreational purposes. I pray God that I never have to use them in self defense of my family or my Country. But if I have to, I will.

My proposal probably should apply to my own semi-automatic deer-hunting rifle, but that's okay. My gunsmith tells me that the old 30.06 isn't long for this world anyway and I've wanted to replace it with a bolt action.
    Oh? So his "bolt action" is OK? Why? Because it doesn't look "evil" like an AK? Because it's not semi-automatic?

But isn't this kind of effective gun control a violation of the Second Amendment? Yes, based on some wrong-headed 5-4 rulings from an outrageously conservative U.S. Supreme Court,
    What an asshole! First of all, whether or not the SCOTUS judges are "conservative" or "liberal" SHOULD mean nothing. If the Second Amendment says "...shall not be infringed", then that's what it says. If anything is wrong with the SCOTUS ruling, it's that the ruling isn't unanimous. If their job is to INTERPRET THE CONSTITUTION and if they can READ (I hope they can), then they all should have come to the same conclusion.

I mean... change a few things around. If the Constitution said "the right of all children to own and ride bicycles shall not be infringed", should it take a room full of lawyers with JD degrees to figure out what that means?

Like most Americans, I've had enough of the senseless carnage
    ME TOO! How about lets start PROSECUTING THE CRIMINALS??? And stop putting the blame on gun owners.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    After a little rough math... assuming 1 gun murder = 1 gun used for murder, that would make it only 1 gun out of every 30 thousand that's used to commit murder... Obviously, its the guns fault.

Of course they are. Everyone knows that if an evil gun isn't chained down or locked in a safe, it waits until nobody is looking, then it loads itself, sneaks out of the house and shoots up a school with as many "bullets" as it can fit in it's "assault clip".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!