DIY Homemade Slide Fire (bumpfire) stock for AK-47

Materials Required:
    1. Tapco Inrafuse Stock $49.00
    2. Two 'L' brackets $2.50
    3. Screws $0.50
    4. Can of matte black spray paint $2.00
    Total: $54

1. Mount Intrafuse Stock to your AK-47

2. Remove the Stock Retaining Latch. Rotate the nut on the latch until you see the slot, there is a roll pin in this slot, tap out the roll pin, then unscrew the nut. The latch will now slide off.

3. Now that you have the latch off file down the edges (so that when assembled the latch can be pulled down and rotated sideways holding the latch open, thus allowing the stock to slide freely)

4. Reassemble the latch (don't for get to put the roll pin back in) and check the function as described above.

5. Remove rear sling swivel

6. Bend 'L' Bracket as seen in photo (using a vise to bend works best)

7. Line up the hole in the 'L' Bracket with sling swivel hole in the stock and screw together.

8. Drill hole in pistol grip, and screw 'L' Bracket to pistol grip (remove the original pistol grip screw and nut, the idea is to make the pistol grip and buttstock into one piece that slides freely back and forth on the Buffer Tube aka. stock extension).

9. cut a piece of an 'L' Bracket for use as a finger rest, screw it into the side of the pistol grip.

10. Spray paint to make it look good and protect the steel 'L' Bracket.
    It is now ready to fire. If you wish to not bumpfire, all you've got to do is rotate the Stock Retaining latch around and let it spring back into place (this will lock up the stock so that you can shoot regularly).

Notice the Stock Retaining latch is rotated side ways in the open position (ready to bumpfire).

Now that is easy to do. When I get a shop, this will be a project I will have to do.

You don't need a shop, just a screw driver, hand drill and some big pliers/vice grips and you could do this build, takes about 10min to do.
    Last edited by smallarms_repair; 03-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Aww hell, I can hear the ad hominems now...
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/BATFE.pdf
    BATFE Approval Letter for the 'Slide Fire' system.

Heres me shooting it.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

I may try this with a stock I have laying around. Looks like a cool toy!

An ATF Approval letter is great until they decide they don't like that letter anymore. They'd never do that though. God forbid you have the evil class III shoe strings...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

So when is the slide fire guy going to show up and rape us again?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"