Thread: Polish AK Build

Polish AK Build

Hello all. I am new to the forum and would like to begin thanking everyone for the info already posted. I have alot to learn for this project i am about to begin.

My wife is with child and due in April. Long story short she is sick of me buying guns. THe only way i can get a new one is if i build myself. (Negoations were heavy since we had a guns show in town this past weekend. And she does not htink i will fiollow through with this project.) Unfortunatley the guns show had nothing, tons or AR parts and recievers but nothing for the AK.

I started reseaching immedaitley when i returned form the show. Got a receiver ordered sunday night for a undferfold style machine.

I guess what i am looking for is resources like diagrams and information about the 1960 polish AK. I choose to build this rifle becuase of the historical aspect that the AK carries.

Thanks agian to all,
    John

Welcome!

Good luck on your build. I was in the same boat around this time last year. I wanted an AK real bad, but we were expecting a new kid to come along in May. I thought about building my own, but I don't have a lot of free time as it is. Long story short, I saved all the change I found (parking lots, doing laundry, under vending machines, in the bottom of pools) and am now the proud owner of a nice Polish underfolder. Took me about 9 months. Here's to giving you support and well wishes. Just remember to post some pics when you are done.

Pictures and status?