Thread: Goofy Question

Goofy Question

So I'm doing my first build on a non-NDS receiver. Picked up an ITM receiver back in Jan for a song and am building a Romy fixed stock on it.

After I got it all together, checked and headspaced and all that, and internals all put in, I went to fit the top cover. Too short by about 1/8". One thing that stood out, was the receiver seemed like it was too wide. I had hell just getting the top cover on to see if it fit in the first place. Even had to use some of that vice grip bending action to get it opened far enough to push down onto the receiver.

So my goofy querstion is, what are my options? I've dealt with top covers that are too large, that's too simple by half. But this is an issue I've yet to deal with. Can I use a smooth top cover? Maybe Bulgarian or Chinese?
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Not the answer to your question but as an alternative if for some reason you can't get one to fit right you could use a TWS rail cover in it's place. It adjusts for length.

Never mind. Picked up a Chinese smooth top cover that works. Whew!
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.