Thread: Best Site for Locally Selling/Buying Firearms

Thumbs up Best Site for Locally Selling/Buying Firearms

Give this website a look its the best out there for selling and buying firearms locally. Ive used it several times and its been great.

http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=...mpaign=p025017
    Last edited by fivehundred333; 04-06-2012 at 05:59 PM.

IMO they are going to have issues unless they adopt some sort of rating system for those who use the site.

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

after a couple of instances of "yeah ill take that" followed up by no money, lowball offers, and much stupidity i quit using it.

SW

I've recently used it to move a few firearms locally I no longer had a need for, I got the price I was wanting and the deals went smoothly. I did get a few low ball offers but it's easy the way the site is set up to ignore them The one buy I made also went fine. I have noticed in recent weeks more of the prices seem to be moving into the laughable stage as far as what some want (say a hi point pistol for $400) but I guess the benefit to that is if you place a reasonable deal out there it just gets more attention.

One problem I see is people always want to meet somewhere to make the deal (normally because of distance) which results in meeting in some parking lot somewhere with either alot of cash on you or a firearm with someone you don't know from a stranger. That is why I'd like to see some sort of rating system or atleast a way to tell who you are dealing with, it's going to take one robbery gone bad in a parking lot to give this site a bad name. I like the concept but think it needs alittle more openess between the buyers and sellers before the "meet".

Couple days ago I got a pretty good deal on a mossberg500 on that site . I really gotta stop buying guns though.

[QUOTE=Silicon Wolverine;217265]after a couple of instances of "yeah ill take that" followed up by no money, lowball offers, and much stupidity i quit using it.

ya that can be an issue, but just about anywhere that will happen. Unless buying brand new of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Wolverine View Post
    after a couple of instances of "yeah ill take that" followed up by no money, lowball offers, and much stupidity i quit using it.

SW
    ya that can be an issue, but just about anywhere that will happen. Unless buying brand new of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I've recently used it to move a few firearms locally I no longer had a need for, I got the price I was wanting and the deals went smoothly. I did get a few low ball offers but it's easy the way the site is set up to ignore them The one buy I made also went fine. I have noticed in recent weeks more of the prices seem to be moving into the laughable stage as far as what some want (say a hi point pistol for $400) but I guess the benefit to that is if you place a reasonable deal out there it just gets more attention.

One problem I see is people always want to meet somewhere to make the deal (normally because of distance) which results in meeting in some parking lot somewhere with either alot of cash on you or a firearm with someone you don't know from a stranger. That is why I'd like to see some sort of rating system or atleast a way to tell who you are dealing with, it's going to take one robbery gone bad in a parking lot to give this site a bad name. I like the concept but think it needs alittle more openess between the buyers and sellers before the "meet".
    It is a great site for dealing locally and yes I think they should make a rating system for the users.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Couple days ago I got a pretty good deal on a mossberg500 on that site . I really gotta stop buying guns though.

Nice and ya that's what I always say lol