Thread: HDR's quotable quotes, part four

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HDR's quotable quotes, part four

Seems there are quotes that need quoted, but it'll be a while before we get our HDR's Quotes back from the old site.

A little history for those who don't know. HDR started a quote thread, and everyone kept adding to it. Soon, there were three threads of quotes with a minimal of four pages in each thread. I think one went five or six pages before we closed it to start another (bandwidth issues).

In honor of HDR's quote thread, I now bring to you, "HDR's quotable quotes, part four".

(We'll link this thread to the others when we get the drives back from legal)
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington, in a speech to Congress, January 7,1790.

"A good government is one which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread that it has earned."
    - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) (inaugural address)
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
    - Robert Heinlein

"The State, it cannot be too often repeated, does nothing and can give nothing which it does not take from somebody. The Forgotten Man works and votes--generally he prays--but his chief business in life is to pay."
    - William Sumner - "The Forgotten Man" (1883)

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

HDR Is a man of words. Always has been and that is what makes him stand out from the rest of us.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!