Thread: Questions On Shipping Back A Firearm.

Questions On Shipping Back A Firearm.

I thankfully never had to do this before with a gun before. I thought that they would send me a prepaid box, but I was mistaken. I’m guessing that it’s just the gun and the sheet I have to print off the computer and fill out, that need to be shipped back.

Is there a special way to ship a firearm, any insurance to get. Can I just use USPS, or do I need a special carrier. What about packing?

what is it??
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post
    I thankfully never had to do this before with a gun before. I thought that they would send me a prepaid box, but I was mistaken. I’m guessing that it’s just the gun and the sheet I have to print off the computer and fill out, that need to be shipped back.

Is there a special way to ship a firearm, any insurance to get. Can I just use USPS, or do I need a special carrier. What about packing?
    I had to send a firearm back to Ruger. Ruger provided a shipping label and paid for shipping. I had to use FedEx and if I remember right, they were the only carrier that would do it. It has to be sent overnight. I packed the box that the pistol came in when I bought it into another box filled the box with packing popcorn. I think I got insurance for the cost of the weapon and just sending it overnight will provide tracking. Good luck.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I'm curious too, as I have a mossberg that will probably have to be sent in.

Had to send a pistol back to Sig. Emailed me a shipping label,stuck it in a box and dropped it off at a UPS store.
    Sent back to my door.Just had to sign for it.No problem.

I sent a Colt M4 to my brother (Fort Worth to Houston) by USPS. They told me twice that I couldn't do it before my brother made a call to D.C. They changed their tune and it shipped without incident.

Long guns can go USPS. Handguns can't and must go some other way.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Some good information here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/support/Sup...spx?faqid=1118

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

The gun is that IO AK I just got. Here is a link to the old thread about it.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...er-Ordnance-AK

IO only had this one page sheet I had to print of the computer, and fill out.
    http://www.ioinc.us/our-products/customer-service

Does it have to be overnight? Any ideas of what this will cost me to ship? I’m around $700 on this thing already, and I had already overpaid for it to begin with.

I wonder if I can get a refund on this thing at the store, and just be done with it. Have them dick around with IO.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The gun is that IO AK I just got. Here is a link to the old thread about it.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...er-Ordnance-AK

IO only had this one page sheet I had to print of the computer, and fill out.
    http://www.ioinc.us/our-products/customer-service

Does it have to be overnight? Any ideas of what this will cost me to ship? I’m around $700 on this thing already, and I had already overpaid for it to begin with.

I wonder if I can get a refund on this thing at the store, and just be done with it. Have them dick around with IO.
    I am about 98% sure it has to be overnight. The Ruger I sent was required to be overnighted both directions and the two rifles I have gotten from CMP were shipped overnight.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Long guns can go USPS or ground. Handguns can only go USPS FFL to FFL.

Air is only required for handguns, and that's a shipper policy thing.

I talked to the guy at the store about it, and with seeing its state, he took it back with intentions on sending it back to IO. This saves me so much time, aggravation, and money. He said they sold a bunch of IO guns, like thirty, and mine was the first to come back thus far.