Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally bought my first handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    Lasers on defensive handguns are for queers. If you ever do find yourself in a gunfight, there is a strong likelihood that it will go down so fast and at such a short range that you won't even see the laser. Spend the money on ammo.
    Well then, put a huge dick on a plate cause I'm as gay as they come for my Lasermax guide-rod. ;-)

A laser isn't about hitting the target, it's about painting the target and making the target rethink their "targethood". It's one thing to see a barrel pointed in your direction... it's another to actually see where the bullet will impact on your chest via a blinking bright red light.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

For gods sake wear hearing protection when running mag rounds. They make a hell of a crack that can leave you deaf for days.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    nice gun

But what's with the smooth sided barrels these days?
    I think that is some sort of influance from PPC compitition. Flat sides were put onto the revolver barrels as it was common to hold the barrel against a door frame (or some such) for better stability. Of course my comment is just a WAG, but that's the way with the internet. Every person with a WAG sounds like they know something
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    For gods sake wear hearing protection when running mag rounds. They make a hell of a crack that can leave you deaf for days.
    I always wear hearing protection when I shoot, even if I'm shooting my ruger single six .22 Thanks for the advice though.

When I am asked about a handgun purchase for the first time buyer, I always suggest a revolver. Because of the ease of function and reliability.
    Nice handgun.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I think that is some sort of influance from PPC compitition. Flat sides were put onto the revolver barrels as it was common to hold the barrel against a door frame (or some such) for better stability. Of course my comment is just a WAG, but that's the way with the internet. Every person with a WAG sounds like they know something
    thanks

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Well then, put a huge dick on a plate cause I'm as gay as they come for my Lasermax guide-rod. ;-)

A laser isn't about hitting the target, it's about painting the target and making the target rethink their "targethood". It's one thing to see a barrel pointed in your direction... it's another to actually see where the bullet will impact on your chest via a blinking bright red light.
    Well there is this theory you espoused and there is the Charliebravo school of thought too. It can work both ways as with all things situations are hard to predict. I tend to be in the not using a laser on a CCW gun side of it. I find that I am slower because I look for the dot. I'm 10X faster drawing and firing using muscle memory to point the weapon when up close 7 yards or less to the target. I would think that if I ever drew it, I would need to be very fast and the bad guy wouldn't have time to see a laser on him.

Hey everybody, I thought that I would give all of you a little update. I have recieved my LTCF very easily. I didn't know what to expect, or how long the process would take; thankfully my sherrif has common sense and all I had to do was pass a quick background check and pay $20 for the photo. I was also able to find an ambidextrous shoulder rig, thanks to the NRA.

I've carried this gun while I was in the city twice so far, and haven't had any problems with my holster, or getting noticed. All in all, I'm very satisfied with my purchases and I plan on carrying all the time when I make trips into the city from now on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12