Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THIS FORUM SITE IS A GRAVEYARD! LOL

THIS FORUM SITE IS A GRAVEYARD! LOL

I've never seen a lonelier place. mabee 100 people at which theres no more than 15 online at once.

It's the recession yo.
    If I had a job that paid me $65,000/year to work twenty hours a week I could afford to buy cool guns and shoot cool guns and then come on the internet and tell you all about it.
    Sadly, I don't have that job.
    I'm so broke I couldn't get out of sight if it took a quarter to go around the world.

So I tell ya what, I'll talk about the first gun I'm going to purchase when it get some money in my pocket.

A Para USA P14-45.

Either the Limited version or the re-designed P1445EK model.
    I've always liked the 1911 and I shoot it well, but, having the hands of a gorilla means I can hold a grip larger than the standard 7rnd 1911.
    So I want the Para.

Alright, now it's your turn.
    Tell us all about the gun you want to buy.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

I really, really like the look of the XDs. Sleek, tight and a heavy hitter.

http://www.xdspistol.com/

http://www.xdspistol.com/specs.php
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I hear a mil surplus CZ 82 in 9x18 calling me. I just like the looks of one. If it didn't require me to buy another caliber of ammo I think I would have one. Well that, or the fact that a new trigger for my AR would be nice and I can't decide between the two, but can only really afford one.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

New trigger, you already have the ammo right?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Speaking of triggers, I just ordered one from Midway for the Mauser 98. Can't think of the brand, but it was $38. Should be an interesting project.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I hear a mil surplus CZ 82 in 9x18 calling me. I just like the looks of one. If it didn't require me to buy another caliber of ammo I think I would have one. Well that, or the fact that a new trigger for my AR would be nice and I can't decide between the two, but can only really afford one.
    Get the CZ82 you will be glad you did! They won't be around forever, triggers will.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

I picked up a slightly used XD-9
    I really like it.
    XD-45 looks great also.

I did a trade for a S&W SD .40
    It's the same profile as the XD, but
    not the same pistol for sure.
    Trigger is clunky.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Get the CZ82 you will be glad you did! They won't be around forever, triggers will.
    True they won't be around forever but does he want to get into 9x18 chambering. I know I haven't gotten one just because of the chambering. IF they were 9x19 I'd of had one years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    True they won't be around forever but does he want to get into 9x18 chambering. I know I haven't gotten one just because of the chambering. IF they were 9x19 I'd of had one years ago.
    Yeah, 9x18 is just strange, at least in the West/NATO type countries.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    +1 on the CZ82. I have one and want a second. Very well designed, very natural feel and light enough to full time carry. I find they point very naturally and I hit better with it than about any factory pistol.

Pssst. Hey you;

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFwQ8wIwAQ#

Is it possible to re-chamber the CZ-82 to 9x19?
    It should just be a matter of lengthening the chamber 1mm and re cutting the leade.
    Right?

I'm not saying it's economically feasible or not, just asking if it is possible to have one's cake and eat it too.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo619 View Post
    I've never seen a lonelier place. mabee 100 people at which theres no more than 15 online at once.
    I have to work 50 hours a week with mandatory overtime. I often work longer, just so I can have a few extra dollars on my paycheck. I simply don't have the time to be on here during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidartha View Post
    Is it possible to re-chamber the CZ-82 to 9x19?
    It should just be a matter of lengthening the chamber 1mm and re cutting the leade.
    Right?

I'm not saying it's economically feasible or not, just asking if it is possible to have one's cake and eat it too.
    I did some reading up on the 9x18 cartridge and I don't think it is possible to covert a 9x19 to 9x18 without changing the barrel. A 9x19 is .35 caliber bullet while the 9x18 is a .36-.37 bullet so it looks like you would have to change out the entire barrel, not just modify the one that comes with pistol.

NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I have to work 50 hours a week with mandatory overtime. I often work longer, just so I can have a few extra dollars on my paycheck. I simply don't have the time to be on here during the week.
    I hear that. Working in the Ag sector means this time of year i have almost NO spare time. In the winter we're steady at 40 hrs a week. summertime its 45 hrs mon-fri and another 7 if we work sat, plus on call hours from 7AM-10PM 7 days a week. We rotate the sat and on call but still you are tied up often.

SW

Hi there, just joined this forum, to help liven it up. I'm just getting back into firearms, but the gun I've owned the longest is a Norinco NMH 91, which I'm considering making into a RPK style AK.

As far as weapons I would get if I could afford more... oh man, there are just too many to list!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    Hi there, just joined this forum, to help liven it up. I'm just getting back into firearms, but the gun I've owned the longest is a Norinco NMH 91, which I'm considering making into a RPK style AK.

As far as weapons I would get if I could afford more... oh man, there are just too many to list!
    Welcome to the site!!!

My first AK was/is (still have it) a MAK90 with a 20" barrel. I've always wondered why it wasn't labled NMH 91...

Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Wolverine View Post
    I hear that. Working in the Ag sector means this time of year i have almost NO spare time. In the winter we're steady at 40 hrs a week. summertime its 45 hrs mon-fri and another 7 if we work sat, plus on call hours from 7AM-10PM 7 days a week. We rotate the sat and on call but still you are tied up often.

SW
    At my job we are constantly on overtime, it never gets dropped. I like it though, as long as I get my time and a half wage.

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post

Welcome to the site! Where in Western WA? I am in the Everett area. Actually, currently I am at sea, but when I get back I will be in the Everett area.

NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast