Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimmerman lynch mob on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Indeed, as it always is. And I still believe its better for 1 guilty man to go free than 100 innocents be falsely convicted, but I stand by what I said above.

Oh you so totally destroyed the meaning of that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Oh you so totally destroyed the meaning of that quote.
    Oops, I did, didn't I?

"I'd rather 100 guilty men go free than 1 innocent person be falsely convicted."

Not enough caffeine this afternoon.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    the burden of proof is on the prosecution
    And supposedly the prosecutor's roll is 'seeker of the truth'. Utter bullshit of course.

Remember 70% of the jury thinks the person on trial is guilty simply because he/she was charged.

Wart

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't agree. Every official neighborhood watch program out there instructs its watchers to NOT be armed, to NOT confront suspects, to just be good steward and call the cops and let them investigate. Nowhere does it say that a neighborhood watch "captain" is supposed to stalk a suspect then provoke him. From what we know of Trayvon's call to his girlfriend which ended just a minute before the shots rang out on the other 911 call, Trayvon was making a good faith effort to flee when Zimmerman caught up with him.

I certainly don't think this is a case that pro-gun folks should try to hang their hats on, or try to claim "Stand Your Ground" is justified here, or that law may very well be jeopardized indeed.
    I don't think you should hang yuor douche on this thread. That is what I think.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    The precedent being set by all this is very bad, might as well have no neighborhood watches, no one can take interest of anything outside of their yard (probably homes), people must obey the phone commands of a 911 dispatcher, self defense must start from a presumption of guilt and not innocence, etc...

If Zimmerman is guilty your CCW's, right of self defense and carry firearms will be take a giant step to be worthless. This case might do more for the antigunners then anything Congress has managed in almost 20 years.

From what I've seen this is clearly the intent.

They've been losing badly at all levels and needed something to turn the tides back in their favor.

The media cranked up their propaganda machine with pictures of a little boy and a story of this poor little Skittle eating waif murdered by a racist vigilante.

They have failed in their attempts at stopping laws giving citizens the right to CCW, castle doctrines, SYG, etc.........

But this case has given them new ground to stand on.

And anyone who thinks it's all just coincedence is a fool.
    Last edited by weevil; 04-23-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Did anyone ask if Zimmerman yelled "HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME" ??
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    From what I've seen this is clearly the intent.

They've been losing badly at all levels and needed something to turn the tides back in their favor.

The media cranked up their propaganda machine with pictures of a little boy and a story of this poor little Skittle eating waif murdered by a racist vigilante.

They have failed in their attempts at stopping laws giving citizens the right to CCW, castle doctrines, SYG, etc.........

But this case has given them new ground to stand on.

And anyone who thinks it's all just coincedence is a fool.
    It's so blatant only a moron would take it for anything else. The knotheads who are perpetuating this are not the least bit interested in "justice" for trayvon. It certainly wasn't spun this way to help us all to "just get along" to quote rotney king.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    It's so blatant only a moron would take it for anything else. The knotheads who are perpetuating this are not the least bit interested in "justice" for trayvon. It certainly wasn't spun this way to help us all to "just get along" to quote rotney king.

I've got a hunch they were gonna play up the race thing even more, but when Zimmerman turned out to be hispanic that blew that slant.

We can only imagine what kinda of feeding frenzy they would have whipped up if Zimmerman had actually been lily white.

there's too many "facts" in dispute . . . so far the only ones not in dispute the kid died of a GSW and Zimmerman fired the shot . . at the end of the trial I hope everyone can accept the verdict
    Accept? Too many black folks involved. OJ was guilty as hell, in my opinion, and was cheered when he walked. Al Sharpton has caused just as many deaths as Zimmerman and he walks and runs his mouth everyday.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

there's too many "facts" in dispute . . . so far the only ones not in dispute the kid died of a GSW and Zimmerman fired the shot . . at the end of the trial I hope everyone can accept the verdict
    The black community cant accept any verdict and they wont. Anything thing short of death penalty or life in jail is just another excuse to riot and loot. That is the sad fact.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Did anyone ask if Zimmerman yelled "HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME" ??

LOL, I almost sprayed Gatoraid on that one. Thanks.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

CCW Laws

Wait until the hispanic community weighs in? it isnt going to be pretty,they have been extremely quit over this case and his mother is from South America,Peru i believe.When this is over he may have to move there. and as for the coming legal battles with the Brady bunch types over CCW laws well if it wasnt this case it would have been another. Stand your ground laws are for the protection of law abiding citizens against riff-raff and is what they really want bang the door on,so you or I can not legally defend ourselves in the streets at all. thats the true fact.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    LOL, I almost sprayed Gatoraid on that one. Thanks.
    I'm pleased someone got the joke. Things are so uptight around here everyone shits diamonds.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12