Thread: Getting Back Into The Scene..

Getting Back Into The Scene..

I'm a gun enthusiast, always have been, always will be. I've had guns, and I've shot guns; from 22lr,, 25 auto,, 44 mag., 12 gauge, 308, 45 cap., and 7.62 x 39 finally!

I've had my Norinco NHM 91 since early 2000's, and I still haven't fired it. Recently, I picked up a Glock 21, and more recently a CIA M70AB2 Under Folder.

I bought the Glock 21 earlier this year, and applied for my CPL the same day. So, after I returned home I hit up a few web pages, looking for information on CPL reciprocities and Concealed Carry laws, since I knew I would be returning to Ohio. While searching info, I found OpenCarry.Org, and I've been OC'ing ever since. OC is legal in WA state, as well as in 46 other states. Anybody else choose to OC in their state?

Last week I picked up the CIA M70, and yesterday I had a chance to shoot it, after a day of yard work. I live on 10 acres, but I haven't built a decent backstop yet. I used a tree, that I had test fired the G 21 on, and put a mag of 7.62 through the M70. I love this rifle! I'll have to switch to regular ear plugs though, because my SXT ear muffs kept hitting the under folder. I'm hoping to put a 5 end mag through the Norinco later today (only 5 because I hate the thumb hole stock currently on it).

But here's some pics of them.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Welcome to the site. Nice guns!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Nice pair!

Thanks, I like the M70 as is, and I'm thinking I want to make the Norinco more of an RPK style weapon, just don't have the cash to do it right now. I love AK style guns though, I would also like a couple AR style rifles in the future too, but again.. $$$

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Look at building your own AR, it saves a bunch of money and is pretty cool to do. I built a Del-Ton A2, for just under $600 bucks. The kit from Del-Ton without the stripped lower was $450. There is a place in Tacoma that makes the stripped lower, Aero Percision, that you can get for about $75. That, a set of gunsmith punches and about 3 hours and you have a very nice rifle. You can get the lower from a place in Tacoma, near Joint Base Lewis McChord, called Surplus Ammo. It is right off I-5. Again, welcome to the board.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member