Thread: Trunion holes or not?

Trunion holes or not?

hey, i'm not actually new here. i've been a member since around 02, i just forgot all login details and the email address i used. plus the site looked way different back then, so i might've even had my (inactive) account deleted after the change.

i am, however, very new to building AK's and have a quick question before i order some stuff.

i already have the Romanian Pistol Parks Kit sold by centerfiresystems. i've heard some folks complain about it but, i like what i see and (while i've never built, i've owned a few AKs)

i just have one question (for now) - i am about to order a flat from AK-Builder and i just need to know whether i should get the one with the front trunion holes drilled or the one that requires me to drill my own.

thanks

Some people recomend a flat without the holes drilled, because the specs can change slightly when bending. If you buy a finished receiver from a good company, and you know for a fact, what style your front trunion is, get one that has the holes drilled.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

ive always drilled my own holes.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Without trunnion holes will cover your ass for any variations in trunnions that you could possibly encounter...

Trunion holes or not?

I have a front trunnion (Romanian) where the upper holes are drastically different from left side to right! Right side are lower. Must have been drilled on a Monday after a hard weekend of pub crawling!
    I'd go with no holes.

Tom

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Munkeez View Post
    hey, i'm not actually new here. i've been a member since around 02, i just forgot all login details and the email address i used. plus the site looked way different back then, so i might've even had my (inactive) account deleted after the change.

i am, however, very new to building AK's and have a quick question before i order some stuff.

i already have the Romanian Pistol Parks Kit sold by centerfiresystems. i've heard some folks complain about it but, i like what i see and (while i've never built, i've owned a few AKs)

i just have one question (for now) - i am about to order a flat from AK-Builder and i just need to know whether i should get the one with the front trunion holes drilled or the one that requires me to drill my own.

thanks
    Welcome back. Unfortunately the original site, and all the great material we had was hijacked from the original owners, and so far all the old stuff was lost. It took a while to get the site back up and running, and although it is a mere shadow of what it used to be, we're back!

Have to agree with the others, drill it yourself. All it takes is a bend that is slightly off and although it won't affect function, predrilled holes might not line up.