Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone made a 45 acp ak build?

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    Promag have them for the desert eagles & ruger makes them for their carbine, but I don't think you wanna use theirs.
    ?? they never made a desert eagle in 454 casull or 45 long?

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalbos View Post
    922(r) question.

If I use the piston is a bolt carrier guide rod & don't drill holes for the gas, is it still a piston.

Will it cease being a piston if I cut slots the allow the non-existant gas to blow by?
    if your making a pistol, none of that applies. if your making a rifle, id err on the side of safelty and bet tht theyd still call it a foreign part. imo, if your going for straight blowback, the hard part is getting the carrier weight up high enough. prob be easier to just thread a piece of solid rod for in there to add weight.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    ?? they never made a desert eagle in 454 casull or 45 long?
    I did a google and it came up
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Here is the AK45 mocked with a very special invisible barrel

Seems like you should have barreled it first, then you could make sure the bullet feeds from mag ? or is the grease gun mag not welded fully. ?

Quote Originally Posted by kalbos View Post
    Ok so I really like pistol caliber rifles and I have been reloading 45 acp so that got me thinking:

Has anyone ever made a 45 acp AK?. Interwebs search yield nothing but dead ends.
    My question is WHY?

A pistol caliber rifle is (IMHO) the most useless thing there is.

I use a rifle when I want to hit something HARD and hit it from a long distance AWAY and hit it ACCURATELY. A pistol round won't do any of those.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    My question is WHY?

A pistol caliber rifle is (IMHO) the most useless thing there is.

I use a rifle when I want to hit something HARD and hit it from a long distance AWAY and hit it ACCURATELY. A pistol round won't do any of those.
    I'm going to have to call you on that. I have shot a Just Right Carbine in .40 S&W uses Glock mags very accurate out to 50 yards, 1-2" groups from a bench. The gong I set up at lease is paced off to about 25 yards and without a rest or sling I can hit the small 4" gong everytime. These types of carbines are perfect for small game like turkeys (I've taken two at 96 yards this year with one of these), great on coons (I've taken a few anywehre from 15-75 yards with this carbine). They are cheap to feed, reliable, fairly quiet, and use Glock OEM Gen 4 mags. Also have a Kel-Tec Sub2K, very light and accurate uses Glock mags too. I've shot a couple of coons, a feral cat. They serve a purpose and are useful for the right application. Great guns for young first time shooters as well.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Well, with everybody raging about the 300 black out.. Why would anyone question a 45acp ? A short range home defense gun, massive size, A perfect shtf gun. just needs the right can on it. personally, a beowulf AK.. Yummy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12