Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which glock to get next

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

All glocks have 17 pound recoil springs so that weak handloads will cycle them. The Glock 20/21 frame is the same and the barrel will interchange. The slide of the 20 is about 1/3 of an ounce heavier than that of the 21. A heavier recoil spring will compensate.

The frame of the 29 and 30 is the same story, I don't know about the slides. Wikipedia had a chart comparing the weights of all components of every model at one time. Through spelunking the bowels of the internet I came across the info on the recoil springs but I don't remember where now.

I just checked on my Glock 30 and the magazine of the 20 WILL fit in it. (I have Glock 20 mags for foochure conversion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjhit...9v7MeFRpB-nYSg

Extractor/ejector info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eMbPDQp6a4
    Last edited by Bluntforce; 05-28-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    All glocks have 17 pound recoil springs so that weak handloads will cycle them. The Glock 20/21 frame is the same and the barrel will interchange. The slide of the 20 is about 1/3 of an ounce heavier than that of the 21. A heavier recoil spring will compensate.

The frame of the 29 and 30 is the same story, I don't know about the slides. Wikipedia had a chart comparing the weights of all components of every model at one time. Through spelunking the bowels of the internet I came across the info on the recoil springs but I don't remember where now.

I just checked on my Glock 30 and the magazine of the 20 WILL fit in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjhit...9v7MeFRpB-nYSg
    i saw where the 21 can convo to 10mm but a 20's slide wont fit a .45 bbl right?
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by filthy phil View Post
    i saw where the 21 can convo to 10mm but a 20's slide wont fit a .45 bbl right?
    I don't own a 20, so I can't answer that. I believe he said that the Glock 20's slide will accommodate a 21 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrafagr View Post
    thanks, you right have nice day
    uh you best steer clear of the roadhouse with that username but welcome anyway
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filthy phil View Post
    have YOU done the 10-40 short n weak convo?
    will the same guide rod/spring work?
    i aint gettin .357 sig. convo, even IF i get back reloading. that's just too many cals, as i'll unlikely load 9mm
    Yes, I have the 40 short and weak conversion and it works fine with no further mods needed - using the 10mm mags. Makes a lot of sense for practice if nothing else.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

OSOK: you mean to tell me there is a barrel that will make a Glock 20 shoot 9mm? I've heard of the 9x25mm barrel but other than that not much..
    Last edited by Sergi762; 06-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergi762 View Post
    OSOK: you mean to tell me there is a barrel that will make a Glock 20 shoot 9mm? I've heard of the 9x25mm barrel but other than that not much..
    thats not out yet. if ever
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123