Thread: Yugo RPK AK 47 distributed by Handcock?

Yugo RPK AK 47 distributed by Handcock?

Hi all,
    I am looking at a RPK. The guy says it was build at DC Industries in St Paul MN. He also stated he thought it was distributed by Handcock. The numbers he gave me are
    #M7200023.
    dust guard # 13284
    receiver # 586768.

Any info including how much it would be worth, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Jones

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Couldn't tell you about the gun, I know the recievers are top notch IMO. I've built quite a few AK's and their RPK receivers are top quality.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    DC Industries has a pretty good reputation for making quality rifles.

The non-matching numbers are meaningless these days as firearms built from what used to be working firearms, adding new parts made in the USA to meet the sporting purpose of the new second amendment as defined by ATF are usually built to good standards.

That all sounds good... From what I read, at least Century Arms had someone else build them for better quality.

Does this rifle have any collector value? What would the value of this rifle be? Anyone?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Right now there is no collector value to any of the current generations of AK/AKMs that were built in the USA with USA parts plus imported parts. While it is unfortunate that ATF has infringed on the constitution by banning importation of "evil looking weapons" or weapons that don't meet that mythical sporting purpose clause of the second amendment, at least there are many companies that have picked up the ball and construct AK/AKM variants right here in the land of shall not be infringed.

The only rifles with collector value war the ones that were imported before Bush1 had his fit about evil looking weapons causing people to become criminals, and william jefferson clinton finally banning the post-Bush1 rifles completely because he just hated us.

And there are a few post-clinton rifles that ATF allowed in before realizing that they violated that mythical sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment, like the Romanian SAR series which were real military issue semi-autos. Once ATF realized that we were getting in the only mil-issue AKM variant, those too were banned and their prices have been going up.

Unfortunately the monkey wrench in the mix is the upcoming election and fear of an obama-messiah firearm ban if he gets reelected to another 4 years of destruction of life as we know it. Only under those circumstances will any of the current US made AK/AKM variants go up in value.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jones828 View Post
    That all sounds good... From what I read, at least Century Arms had someone else build them for better quality.

Does this rifle have any collector value? What would the value of this rifle be? Anyone?
    If this is the Yugo 72 style RPK with the cooling fins on the barrel, I believe they were selling new for around $700 maybe 4-5 years ago. Is it like this one?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=288677290
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Great information, all...

Imanaknut, It is hard to say what will happen if Obama gets relected... Scarry thought.

RIchard, that does look just like the pictures he sent me. Also many thanks for the estamated value. His asking price is well above your estimation.

Thank you, Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jones828 View Post
    Great information, all...

Imanaknut, It is hard to say what will happen if Obama gets relected... Scarry thought.

RIchard, that does look just like the pictures he sent me. Also many thanks for the estamated value. His asking price is well above your estimation.

Thank you, Jones
    Prices are a lot different today then 4-5 years ago . The Yugo M72 is not being produced anywhere so I guess its a bit more valuable now and will only go higher. Id say 750-800 today is a fair price for a used RPK.