Thread: A big thank you!

A big thank you!

A big thank you and hello from Colorado!
    I have been "lurking" a few years. Have read some fantastic posts and learned so much.
    I have been wanting to build an AK for about 5 years and finally took the plunge.
    I bought an assembled barrel kit form coakarms.com and it got here on Friday. I went this way because it has everything I need and I am still hesitant about doing it myself. After all, it is a firearm.
    I have always been good with my hands and with the pics and info I've read here I believe I am good to go!
    I will hopefully be able to post pics as I go, but I am kinda camera/computer illiterate, lol.
    But I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who posts so much great info, 99.9% gleaned from experience, on this forum.
    I have very few dreams left and you folks have helped make this one of building an AK a reality.
    Now lets hops I don't screw it up!
    Kevin

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Thanks, Welcome to the Board and I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing the project come together. Post pictures soon.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

If you really want to thank us how about getting this up in our banner.
    Sponsers always welcome

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Whether you build or buy an AK, be very careful because they are highly addictive!

That's what I heard. I have decided to go to a build party so I can get help (being a virgin and all) and because they have all the proper tools.
    Now I can't wait for the weekend!
    @otto-don't know what you mean. I'm not gonna pay for someone else's advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado View Post
    @otto-don't know what you mean. I'm not gonna pay for someone else's advertising.
    Let's see.. first post about building, with a link to a gun parts company with kits, that bears your username?

This scenario is usually someone trying to get a little free advertising and don't last long.
    Don't get me wrong you're more than welcome and hope you're legit and would like to see the progress on your build.
    Hell, even if it is your company jump on in no need to be sneaky (if that's the case) we love this stuff.
    You might turn out to be a huge asset and I'll gladly admit to a mistake of misjudging this.
    Just a guess, time will tell though.

Oh, okay. Didn't understand. Does seem a little hunky now that I look at it.
    Just a little excited is all.
    I don't have anything to do with the company.
    I mainly posted about them to get feedback-they seem to be really neat folks, but they don't carry much stuff. And I always support instate businesses first if I can.
    Anyways, I got the kit after I met them at the Tanner show in Loveland, but I didn't have the money at the time.
    Unfortunately I had to work this weekend, so no build party. I managed to get an account at image shack, so I will at least upload the pics of the kit when I get a break from work.
    Sorry if I seemed upset.
    Kevin
    Last edited by colorado; 07-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado View Post

Just a little excited is all.

Sorry if I seemed upset.
    Both perfectly understandable and since you replied and are now at three post (they usually don't go past two) I think it's safe to say I was mistaken which I said I would gladly admit to. So there you go