Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To hot to shoot so I built me a rifle rack instead

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

To hot to shoot so I built me a rifle rack instead

Needed to get some guns out of my room because I was tripping over them so I built in a 13 gun rack and room for a few ammo cans into my coat closet. Was kind of proud of it when I was done. Put the guns in and hung all the coats back up, my outdoor coats and hunting clothes, and cold weather hunting boots then realized the big dummy didn't take a picture. Then I remembered I lost my camera coming back from my moms funeral and guess what I did the rest of the day. My brother found it almost by accident, he picked up one of our bags we packed our stuff in and it fell into his lap, I had checked it half a dozen times. So much for powers of observation and searching skills. So I ain't taking all them coats down but I have a Jim dandy rack for my shotguns and most of trucker brothers rifles. There is a rumor at the weather bureau it might only get up to 91 tomorrow so I will try and shoot July's challenge match. Hope you guys can join me and get some targets up. I'm beginning to think nobody on this board shoots anymore.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sounds nice OG. On shooting, not much due to; 1. The garden, 2. heat, 3. wife, 4. cost of ammo.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

You could have drawn a picture....

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    You could have drawn a picture....
    Coming right up, give me a few minutes

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Have the ammo, but not shooting because of 1) where I m currently renting. 2) My ammo is sitting ready for the comming revolution in 1-2 years. (need to keep he family protected.
    BUT, I am now under contract for a house so mabey in 45 days I'll be opening

BISHOP

Coats in front completely hides the rack and the boots on the bottom hide the bottom of the rack and the ammo storage area. 13 spaces for a few shotguns and rifles. Not as secure as a safe but what I can afford and it takes a bunch of guns out of my room.

THUCYDIDES.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice, to both the drawing and the idea.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Aw, I won't belive it without the pictures... ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Aw, I won't belive it without the pictures... ;^)
    You come move all those insulated hunting vests, coats and coveralls and remove all the boots and I will take the picture, then you better put them back in the same order they come out or else....

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post

Coats in front completely hides the rack and the boots on the bottom hide the bottom of the rack and the ammo storage area. 13 spaces for a few shotguns and rifles. Not as secure as a safe but what I can afford and it takes a bunch of guns out of my room.
    I like it. Hmmmm, gives me an idea or two.

You come move all those insulated hunting vests, coats and coveralls and remove all the boots and I will take the picture, then you better put them back in the same order they come out or else....
    Don't do it man! That's how he traps you! He gets you cornered into that closet, then he keeps you trapped, making you listen to stories that start with "Back in the good old days...." and "Back in my day..."

LOL
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I thought real a woodsman did not need all that silly keep you warm crap? Then again I'm in Texas and we rarely have the need for anything more than a light wind breaker.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I thought real a woodsman did not need all that silly keep you warm crap? Then again I'm in Texas and we rarely have the need for anything more than a light wind breaker.
    I still have my real, (old and wool), woodsmen coats but I'm to dang old to wear them heavy buggers anymore. Nothing wrong with Gore-tex insulation, it was a most wonderful invention for us codger types and Pak boots rate right up alongside them as a very welcome addition to my closet.

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

What's a winter coat?

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    What's a winter coat?
    Come up to the little hut in the woods say about January 15 for some shooting and hot coffee and I will introduce you to the concept of long johns, insulated boots, shooting jugs of ice water in below zero temps and frosty eyebrows. Tell me your size, chances are I can outfit you. Nothing like the crack of a 44 magnum and the smell of gunpowder in the cool clean air of a Wisconsin winter.

THUCYDIDES.

I still have my real, (old and wool), woodsmen coats but I'm to dang old to wear them heavy buggers anymore. Nothing wrong with Gore-tex insulation, it was a most wonderful invention for us codger types and Pak boots rate right up alongside them as a very welcome addition to my closet.
    Well now you got me interested in seeing a picture of your coats.

Nephews planning on coming down next weekend with a buddy from Wi. for some trap shooting
    Hope weather holds up he really likes the 20 ga I got him for Christmas.
    Might try some targets, we'll see
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Well now you got me interested in seeing a picture of your coats.

Nephews planning on coming down next weekend with a buddy from Wi. for some trap shooting
    Hope weather holds up he really likes the 20 ga I got him for Christmas.
    Might try some targets, we'll see
    Porch light is always on and the coffee is always hot.

THUCYDIDES.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

What I need is a gun room with a spell cast on it like the tents in Harry Potter.

For those of you pretending not to know or genuinely ignorant of what I am saying, the tents look small on the outside but when you enter them, they are actually large rooms with all the comforts of home.

I built a special room for my guns and ammo but it is filling up very quickly...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

It is cool here in the High Country of SW Wyoming. My place is at 7,000' and its Monsoon season. The Mtn. Showers every afternoon. Nights in the 40s and days in the 70s. Winters are rough .

Well they showed up and we had a great time.
    It was comfortable but still hot. We got mostly trap in but the barrels get pretty hot quick so between rounds we went rifle.
    Didn't get paper up, which was just as well for me, I was lucky if I hit dirt to be honest but I did break out some Tannerite.
    After the first couple booms they decided to start filming. My nephew just posted a couple quick vids for me.
    Good time, good company.
    Here's the first
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast