Thread: FIREARMS FRUSTRATION

FIREARMS FRUSTRATION

So, I see a gun that I might be interested in advertised locally and send the guy an email. Within 10-15 minutes he replies, I then send a second message asking several easy questions, and 4 hours later I haven't heard shit!

Huh? Does this guy want to sell the gun or not? If was busy, he could have at least sent an email stating he would get back to me later. But he didn't. This makes me think he might already have a buyer and he's stringing me along, or he doesn't really want to sell it. Regardless, 4 hours is a long time to wait

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Maybe something came up or he went to work, dinner, church, etc. Maybe some emailed him with an actual, "I'll take it" and he's occupied with arranging the transaction.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

emails, texts, etc. can be very shitty forms of communication. You are forced to interpret this kind of thing and your paranoia can take over - not critisizing as I do the exact same thing - hate it.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    emails, texts, etc. can be very shitty forms of communication. You are forced to interpret this kind of thing and your paranoia can take over - not critisizing as I do the exact same thing - hate it.
    Here's what he wrote to me:

"So your interested in the ruger ?"

Here's what I wrote back to him:

"Absolutely.

Do you have a shop where I can see it.

Also, can you tell me any more about it?

For instance, does it have the factory grips?

Hey, I just noticed your in XXXX. I live in XXX myself."

He never replied back. I'm soooooo frustrated it's beyond belief.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Lose the frustration, brother. No reason to raise the blood pressure over someone else's fuckup, especially when all you really lost was the time it took to type out your communication.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Lose the frustration, brother. No reason to raise the blood pressure over someone else's fuckup, especially when all you really lost was the time it took to type out your communication.
    True,

BUT I REALLY WANT THE RUGER!!!!

EERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    True,

BUT I REALLY WANT THE RUGER!!!!

EERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!
    I'll sell you a Rossi.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I'll sell you a Rossi.
    No, you won't.

lol
    Last edited by American Rage; 07-12-2012 at 11:36 PM.

HOORAAY! MADE CONTACT, MADE THE PURCHASE, AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ON THE SAME DAY.

THAT'S 3 357s IN A SINGLE WEEK!

WORSE, I FOUND ANOTHER ONE!!!!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

My wife would say that will put on the grid. What grid I don't know, but I know she doesn't want to be on it.

Congratulations, can't wait for the range report.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    So, I see a gun that I might be interested in advertised locally and send the guy an email. Within 10-15 minutes he replies, I then send a second message asking several easy questions, and 4 hours later I haven't heard shit!

Huh? Does this guy want to sell the gun or not? If was busy, he could have at least sent an email stating he would get back to me later. But he didn't. This makes me think he might already have a buyer and he's stringing me along, or he doesn't really want to sell it. Regardless, 4 hours is a long time to wait
    Sounds like a flake, I'd be careful.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Sounds like a flake, I'd be careful.
    My approach went through Armslist, his reply came through my regular email. So, I sent everything through my email. He said he didn't get any of it. But when I went through Armslist, he got my emails.

He turned out to be a very nice local guy from the suburb (small city) next to mine.

As for the gun, the muzzle is excellent, a small tad of wear on the side of the barrel from holster wear. Hammer and trigger need to be buffed and polished. The back side of the cylinder, where it meets the barrel is shiney, too shiney. Like somebody didn't know how to clean off power residue.

The gun was beautiful, but when I took off the aftermarket Herrett grips, I noticed that the bottem 40% of the blueing was gone from the grip. Whether the Herrett's grips caused this, or were put on to cover the fact I'm not sure.

Stopped off at the pawn shop where I bought the Smith, and damned if they didn't have a blued Speed Six in about 98% condition. I bought it too knowing the Security Six could use a brother. But I put it on layaway for now.

They also had a stainles service six in 357. I was interested in it at first, but it's missing its front sight. And I was told they have to be handfitted, drilled, and pinned in place on another gun I was thinking of purchasing several years ago. In the end, I'm thinkin' it would not be worth buying due to the hundred bucks or so it would take to mount a new site.

Still, I might try to work a deal where I payoff the Speed Six tomorrow, and they let me trade out my ill fitting, in my hand, but like new Ruger Herret's grips, for thier perfectly fitting, in my hand, but somewhat rough factory grips from the sightless service six.

I think I just experienced a Deja Vu moment as I recall a similiar post by me on this board some time ago. LOL!

Oh well, I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
    Last edited by American Rage; 07-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.