Thread: mosin nagant

mosin nagant

hello to all

i have a mosin nagant and was wondering i don't like the original wood stock and want a synthetic stock but i would like a pistol grip kind of like a dragunov
    stile and i cant seem to find anything other then the ATI and it dose not have a pistol grip

please help

What model do you have????
    Might want to give Boyds a holler.

Last edited by blade; 07-19-2012 at 06:19 AM.

i don't know its just a mosin nagant. one of the ones you can buy at cabelas

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Try Choate they make/made Dragunov style polymer stocks.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    Try Choate they make/made Dragunov style polymer stocks.
    choate makes some good quality shit too, not like that ati garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by JTD View Post
    i don't know its just a mosin nagant. one of the ones you can buy at cabelas
    likely a 38, 44, or 91/30.

how long is the barrel?

is the bayonet perminantly attached, and folding, or does it come completely off?

those 2 question will determine which model you have.

the bayonet comes off and the barrel is about 28 inches long but im pretty shore its a 91\30 and i may have to make my own stock because im left handed and cant find a thumb hole stock that is left handed from choate.

and as it seems i would like to get a target barrel for it because the one i have is not that good do you have any suggestions on a company or brand because i cant find any on line except on ebay?

its your rifle, you can do with it as you please, but, personally, i think the idea of sinking all of the time and money to change out the bbl on a $100 rifle is like like polishing a turd. beside the fact that there is no real accurate match ammo available for the gun anyway, unless you are loading your own.

i dont know of any "prefit" nagant barrels, so your prob looking at about $300-$400 in machining costs to thread, crown, chamber, contour, and custom fit the rifle barrel, plus another $150+ for a cheap, bottom line bbl, or up to another $300+ more for a good blank. imo, if your $100 rifle isint shooting well, id buy a brand new remington 700 in my choice of calibers, and a few hundred rounds of ammo to practice with before i dropped it into the nagant.

that said, if you want a wooden stock, and dont mind finishing it yourself, check out http://www.rifle-stocks.com/ they have many designs, and i know they inlet for nagants, just not sure if they do left hand.