Thread: Beretta Storm muzzle brake?

Beretta Storm muzzle brake?

Can anyone tell me who makes this flash suppressor/muzzle brake or what it was originally designed for.

I got me one of those Storms (9mm) in a trade the other day. Nice little carbine that takes the 92 magazines. The trigger, hammer, guide rod were replaced with Sierra Papa components and man does it shoot sweet. Nice crisp adjustable trigger. Thought I might dress it up a bit.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

MFI

This is the "battlestar galactica" barrel shroud. I don't think it does anything - just looks space cadet cool

http://mfiap.com/i-7832697-mfi-battl...cx4-storm.html $58

~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

There is way too much shit hanging on that pistol carbine. There goes the weight advantage.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yep. But, I can see the attraction - it really is a cool looking shroud - just doesn't do anything and adds weight. That same company does make another different one that has a flash suppressor on the end which would be more practical.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Thanks for the info OSOK. It looks better that the wimpy barrel sticking out

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    There is way too much shit hanging on that pistol carbine. There goes the weight advantage.
    I agree. Not mine, just using the pic for reference. I would have never bought the Storm (thought there was too much plastic) but after taking it to the range I quickly changed my opinion of it. I read that the triggers were spongy but this SP is sweet. Out to 100 yards it's dead nuts on.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Thanks for the info OSOK. It looks better that the wimpy barrel sticking out

I agree. Not mine, just using the pic for reference. I would have never bought the Storm (thought there was too much plastic) but after taking it to the range I quickly changed my opinion of it. I read that the triggers were spongy but this SP is sweet. Out to 100 yards it's dead nuts on.
    Nice! Glad your enjoying your gun.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"