Thread: Should I buy this Polytech AKS 762? Pics included..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Should I buy this Polytech AKS 762? Pics included..

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and recently became obsessed with buying an Ak. I just moved to NC from TX and when i visited my local gun shop, I had no intention of putting this Polytech Ak on layaway . Sorry in advance, the pics are not great.

To my knowledge, its a Polytech AKS-762 galil style side folder. I took pics on my phone and didnt include the galil style side folder... Otherwise markings say imported KFS ATL, Georgia. Polytech, Bejing China. 386 inside a circle follwed by CSxxxxx. I tried to look around the rifle to match the last four didgits of SN to other parts of the gun. The gun shop owner let me take off the receiver cover and the bolt carrier matched up.

Anyhow, I would like to hear from you guys if I picked up a great Ak rifle... or not?
    Also, the barrel looked to be threaded?? IDK, I'm still learning about these rifles.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bamaslammer

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imanaknut; 07-28-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Added pictures

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

The Poly Tech with the Galil style side folder is one of the more rare variants, but then again, virtually all are hard to come by. That rifle is considered a pre-Bush1-ban rifle so the barrel will be threaded. Poly Tech AK variants are the cream of the crop of AKs, so finding one is like finding that needle in a haystack, a great find.

All the markings are correct. Oh yes, don't know if you know this or not, so just for my own grins, the muzzle device is threaded left hand, so turn it off the "wrong way". They originally shipped with a muzzle nut, but unless the rifle is "new in box" someone might have changed it. Judging by the picture of the mag opening, the bolt carrier looks pretty clean.

As long as the price is within reason, which these days is meaningless, you did good finding one!!! Yes, it would be worth buying as they are very rare and prices are skyrocketing on them.

Great News, imanaknut! I thought it was legit! very happy.. $600 not including tax, and she is mine!

Thanks so much for your reply

AND NOW I MUST CELEBRATE! CHEERS!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I say this with all due respect: I HAVE YOU!!! Seriously, if I found any Poly Tech pre-ban for $600 plus tax I couldn't get the money out fast enough. That is near half what they normally sell for, so don't tell the dealer anything, get the money together ASAP and get that thing home!!! Honestly probably the best buy in a Poly Tech that I have seen in years, and literally half what the Galil style side folder usually sells for even without the box and other stuff!

CONGRATS on the buy of the decade!

PS, added your photos to make it easier for others to see the steal of the decade!!

PPS, when you fold the stock, Mr. Keng (of KFS = Keng's Firearm Specialties) wanted the side folder not to lock in the folded position, so if you find it only locks extended and not folded, that is normal.

Yeah the gun shop owner is a Vietnam vet and I guess he's not keeping up with the evil imported weapon prices nowadays! Yeah after i looked at it the first time I was amazed at the price but knew current prices for most polytechs ran over $1000 +. As soon as i saw the SN matched with the bolt carrier I said "I'll go ahead and put it on layaway." But inside I was pretty sure I scored. I gave him a down payment and left the store flying high! ... totally forgot to ask him what the rifle came with.. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH and thx for adding my PICS!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Just WOW!
    видеодон