Thread: Scored a MAK-90 for an unbelievable price

Scored a MAK-90 for an unbelievable price

Hi guys,

I came across a deal of a lifetime. A co-worker wanted to get rid of his stamped MAK-90 so I graciously volunteered to take it off his hands. I figured I could score a deal. I just didn't expect this kind of a deal. As you can see in the pic its a stamped MAK-90. It has some rust is a couple of places but its easily cleaned. (how do you clean rust BTW?) The gun sat around ain a garage for several years. It came with cleaning kit, oil bottle, sling, L wrench(what is the L wrench for?), three 5rd original mags(brand new), 2 30rd Chinese mags, 2 30rd East European mags.

Grand total: $5. Yes you read correctly $5 (Five dollars)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imanaknut; 04-10-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added your photo.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Your friend lose a bet, overly drunk or on drugs? A bribe to keep you from calling the cops on his drug problem?

The L shaped tool is for inserting into the gas block to clean out the gas port in the barrel.

I don't know and I don't care. I was going to offer him some money for it but he said I can just have it. I did get a bill of sale and a copy of his DL, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by lwnemesis View Post
    I don't know and I don't care. I was going to offer him some money for it but he said I can just have it. I did get a bill of sale and a copy of his DL, just in case.
    Hey I'll give you 35.00. Got me a deal like that once, good for you. 000 steel wool should take of the rust, just go slow and easy.
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Try a pencil eraser on the rust first. If that won't get it then step up the the steel wools . Be advised it's very easy to buff a light spot through the blue around the rust spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Try a pencil eraser on the rust first. If that won't get it then step up the the steel wools . Be advised it's very easy to buff a light spot through the blue around the rust spot.
    Is it possible to reblue the gun and have it look original?

You sure it aint a "hot" weapon arent you? sounds real fishy to me $5.00 huh ? Or momma made him get rid of it. $5.00? it is hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    You sure it aint a "hot" weapon arent you? sounds real fishy to me $5.00 huh ? Or momma made him get rid of it. $5.00? it is hard to believe

I got a savage 755a 12ga with 2 barrels a few months ago for free. Guy said it didn't work and he didnt know how to fix it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    Thats why I got a bill of sale and a copy of his DL. I think he just didn't want to keep it around because of the kids. He kept the gun broken down. He found it in his garage when he was moving. He said he hasn't used the gun in 10 years. I believe it cause the gun looked like it was stored for a while.

Wow, nice deal you got there. Fine 000 steel wool and some machine oil will polish the rust away. Like another guy posted just go easy and watch that you do not go through the blueing finish. My Father once got a smoking deal like that when a friend's Dad offered to sell him a Savage clip fed 222 Rem bolt rifle. The guy wanted some cash so my Dad gave him $10 done deal. Mind you that was like 40 years ago and $10 went a lot farther back then. I put a side mount weaver ring base and a Tasco scope built with a 222 Rem reticle in that sucker and it will punch clover leafs at 100 yards. Right place at the right time? Who knows all I know is that rifle is an awesome shooter with zero recoil. Going to teach my kids to shoot with that gun after they move past the 22lr. Good luck with the Norinco. Regards.