Thread: Wolf Ammo question

Wolf Ammo question

I wanted to know if I should shoot Wolf ammo thru my "like new" Poly AKS?? I've done a little research, but I'm finding mixed reviews.

I want to take care of this rifle and if shooting el cheapo Wolf ammo is going to gunk it up... I don't want to go there.

BTW, biting my nails waiting for my range trip on Sunday!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yes! These are made to shoot mild steel jacketed bullets. You will be hard pressed to shoot out your AK's barrel or otherwise ruin it. It has a chrome-lined chamber and barrel.

I mostly have Wolf 7.62x39 and shoot it in all of my AK's, SKS's and even my Brno bolt gun.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

That wolf wouldn't hurt your rifle but it will rust in your closet ...Do your self a favor and buy some Golden tiger.

Awesome, I will buy some wolf and Golden Tiger! Never tried the Golden Tiger, I assume I'll have to buy it online.

Thanks for your input O.S.O.K and abpt1

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I haven't had the best of luck with the newer Wolf, but with a 7.62x39 AK, so what. Golden Tiger is good ammo, I have also had good luck with the Bears, Brown and Silver.

Just remember, the rifle belongs to you, you have to maintain it. You are not lucky enough to have an armorer to repair it if you do something silly. That said, when you get back from shooting it, treat it like you own it and give it a good cleaning before putting it away. Many people don't believe in cleaning their firearms, and that is their right, but like I said, for me as long as I have to pay for parts, a thorough cleaning is just as much fun as shooting it. Well almost.

Take care of your AK variant and it will out live you.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    That wolf wouldn't hurt your rifle but it will rust in your closet ...Do your self a favor and buy some Golden tiger.
    +1000 Golden Tiger is the BEST!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

The poly coated steel case ammo works great. The wolf laquer cased stuff works great too but the laquer tends to build up on the chamber after a few thousand rounds so you might want to clean the AK at around 2 thousand rounds :^D