Thread: Buffer-tech or Blackjack buffers ?

Buffer-tech or Blackjack buffers ?

any choice preference ?

Buffertech !

or Blackjack ?

....sure seems like they're the same .....

Nothing but the finest weapon construction and parts used !

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Blackjack on all of mine.
    видеодон

Got buff-tech on mine. Works well,but have only put 120
    rounds down it though.

I've got a Buffer-Tech in my SA 93. After a little over 1200+ rounds, I noticed a crack in the loop at the top (the part that hangs on the recoil spring). I'm going to keep shooting until it falls apart, just to see if it jams up the gun, when firing. Buffer-Tech was the first. Blackjack seems a little thinner (if you need to have the bolt carrier travel back farther, you may want to use the Blackjack), and has two types of plastic. One is hard for long life, and the other is softer. I'm going to try the Blackjack next. I don't think that you can go wrong with either.

I have an update. Last weekend I took my AK out to exercise it with a few box's of ammo. It had been a year since I last fired it, and had noticed the crack in the buffer. The oil on the rifle had dried over the year and I didn't bother re-oiling it. The 30 rounder had been loaded for a while. I emptied the 30 rounder rapidly, and then shot another box through it, controlled aimed fire (bench rest and standing). I noticed that it seemed to not be as fast, and seemed to have a little more kick. I just figured that it was because of no oil. When I got home and took it apart to clean it, I noticed that the buffer had been pulverized. Instead of one piece of plastic, I had dozens. One was wedged to the side of the hammer. A couple was stuck to the back of the recoil spring. The rest was sitting in the back of the gun. From this point on, I'm not going to worry about a piece of plastic buffer jamming up my gun. While it can happen, I will worry more about having enough ammo. This was a Buffer Technologys buffer. Next, I'm going to try the Blackjack buffer.

Thanks for the update wb! I will pay extra attention to my buff-tech now...

Had a buffer tech in a chichom AK and the thing would not run right at all.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Millions of AK's produced and fielded without a buffer. Millions of AK's can't be wrong. Buffers are nothing more than an accessory you don't need.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Millions of AK's produced and fielded without a buffer. Millions of AK's can't be wrong. Buffers are nothing more than an accessory you don't need.

but if you do noeed one for some reason, buy an 8" fernco fitting, and with some drill bits and a utility knife, you have yourself about 35 of them for less than the cost of one shipped.