Thread: Need some advice on which ak 74

Need some advice on which ak 74

Ok guys, I am thinking about going over to the dark side and purchasing my first ak. I am thinking about an ak 74 to take advantage of the lower ammo prices. Money is an object. With that in mind, which ak 74 would give me the biggest bang for my bucks?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1149.aspx Converted Russian built Saiga rifle, this one will have authentic Russian arsenal markings on it. For $750 it's not the cheapest but it is the closest to the real deal that you can get.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct875.aspx This Interarms Polish Tantal clone is your best value for cost. Built from a Demilled Polish Tantal it does have a chrome line US made barrel to hold up to the corrosive cheap surplus ammo. There are many more available at the site I'm linking. Look around and you should be able to find something that fits your budget and taste.

You could purchase a saiga in 5.45x39 and restore it to original condition. I did one myself and it worked great. It should cost about 600 for everything. Rifle and conversion parts.

Purchased a parts kit from Centerfire a month or so ago were like $300 and a stamped receiver nodak spud from TGI for another $100 and a couple of mags from I forgot where and were good to go after some machineshop assembly. Shoots nice. Supplus ammo with coupons was another $150 shipped for one spam can. Rock and roll for under $600.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    2nd Amedment Foundation Member
    NRA-ILA
    National Association for Gun Rights
    CRAL member---RIFOL member and supporter
    GOA member
    RI 2nd Amendment Coalition Supporter