Thread: ak red dot sight

ak red dot sight

hello to all

i have a waser 10\63 with with the side with the side rail and am looking to put a PK-A Military Fast Acquisition Red Dot Rifle Scope on it. but cant figure out the type of battery. all that is posted on the web sight is "3V (2 x D-357)" and am wondering it is a regular battery that i can get a Walmart

please help
    thank you

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yes, the D357 is a standard button type battery that you should be able to find anywhere.

Google battery D357 and be prepared for a ton of places to buy.

OK but do you know if those kind of scopes would be suited to a left handed shooter?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I shoot with either hand, and find red dots to work best for quick acquisition right or left.

The main thing you have to watch for is some side mounts themselves are offset from the bore axis slightly to the left, which would make it difficult for a left handed shooter to use. Make sure the scope mount centers the scope on the bore axis if you shoot left hand.

Red-dot on AK

After reading this post I went to the toy-room and pulled my SAR2 out of the safe and slid the Cobra on it. It has been a while since I used it in the combat matches and I couldn't remember how it centered on the rifle. Looks like it is off-set to the left; but only by about 2-3mm. If you are left-handed, I really don't think this will be a problem for you.

Something else I thought I might mention about the batteries. I recently purchased some batteries from an on-line outfit called" 24hr batteries". They have a 20-battery card of "357's" for $7.99 and they pay the shipping. They also have a 1-piece 3volt battery called a CR1/3N which is the same as 2 of the 357's sandwitched together. It is a little more pricey at 5 for $9.99, but you only need one of these and it is a "LITHIUM" battery which is good down to about 12-14 degrees F-. I have one of these in 2 of my POSP scopes and they work great..................................

thank you for the advice really appreciate the help