Thread: I Need GunKote Hardener???

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

I Need GunKote Hardener???

Does anybody have any hardener left over that is still good? I need to finish a 74 that's been on the bench FAAARRRR too long. I found out that the hardener actually hardens after a year and a half. Who'da thunk it. I have just enough of the paint left to spray this rifle but NO HARDENER...

Anybody?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Gun Kote and hardner ... I don't think so. DuraCoat yes, Gun Kote no. Gun Kote is a spray on then bake on finish. DuraCoat does use a hardner. Oh and I don't have any, hardner for DuraCoat so I can't hook you up.

Researched it for you. http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_additives.html link to web page of DuraCoat that has the hardner for sale, $6.95.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 08-28-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Gun Kote and hardner ... I don't think so. DuraCoat yes, Gun Kote no. Gun Kote is a spray on then bake on finish. DuraCoat does use a hardner. Oh and I don't have any, hardner for DuraCoat so I can't hook you up.

Researched it for you. http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_additives.html link to web page of DuraCoat that has the hardner for sale, $6.95.
    LoL, I know... I realized that I put GunKote as the subject instead of DuraCoat after I posted but was just too lazy to fix it. Thanks for the link. I was too lazy for that too. Come to think of it, I've been a lazy shit for months judging by the amount of time this rifle has been sitting NOT complete...