Thread: wasr 10\63 new bolt

wasr 10\63 new bolt

hello to all

i have a wasr 10/63 and am looking to replace the bolt because the gas piston is falling out of the bolt am an fed up of trying to fix it. I would like to get a new bolt made by high standard and was wondering if there would be any spacing issues with the bolt and get a new gas block made by ak builder. all the parts are to ak 74 specs but i have herd the the sizing is different for wasr 10/63

please help

Quote Originally Posted by JTD View Post
    hello to all

i have a wasr 10/63 and am looking to replace the bolt because the gas piston is falling out of the bolt am an fed up of trying to fix it. I would like to get a new bolt made by high standard and was wondering if there would be any spacing issues with the bolt and get a new gas block made by ak builder. all the parts are to ak 74 specs but i have herd the the sizing is different for wasr 10/63

please help
    How is the gas piston "falling out"? Is it unscrewing?

The gas piston is SUPPOSED to be threaded into the bolt carrier JUST SHORT OF TIGHT so that it actually can wobble a tiny bit. Then a cross-pin is driven through the gas piston and bolt carrier to keep it from rotating (i.e. unscrewing).

If your gas piston is simply unscrewing, look at how it's assembled and it should be clear how to repair or (if it's missing) install the retaining pin.

If you really do need to buy a new bolt carrier, check out SKS-MAN. Here's the link for the AK parts and the bolt carriers:

http://www.sksman.com/part/AK%20parts2.php

If you're not sure which part you need, call him (his name is Paul) and tell him what rifle you have and he'll sell you the correct part(s).

Good luck!

-- Roger
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

thank you for the link but the main problem i'm having is the threading on the bolt for the gas piston but another thing is the that the milling marks and the poor milling done onis stating to show on the rest of the riflel and especially on the guide rails on the receiver because the guides on the bolt are poorly milled!

thank you for the help and advise