Thread: Anyone know much about Ithaca SxS shotguns?

was_peacemaker

Anyone know much about Ithaca SxS shotguns?

I think the one I inherited is late 20's like the Colt pistol. Seems to be rather nice but the only Ithaca I ever shot was a more modern pump shotgun. What kind of choke and pattern could I expect from this shotgun? Any good for skeet shooting or dove shooting?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

The link below might help you identify exactly what you have.

http://www.ithacagun.com/pdfs/serialnumbers.pdf

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Chokes should be marked on it. I have a S/S 20 ga. my Grandfather use to hunt Phesant with in Iowa, it is marked. I will use Steve's link to find it by serial number. Thanks for the link Steve. BTW if the Ithaca you have is in VG+ condition it probably is worth quite a bit of money. There is a whole collection group for them.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Chokes should be marked on it. I have a S/S 20 ga. my Grandfather use to hunt Phesant with in Iowa, it is marked. I will use Steve's link to find it by serial number. Thanks for the link Steve. BTW if the Ithaca you have is in VG+ condition it probably is worth quite a bit of money. There is a whole collection group for them.
    Collectors for old two shot trick ponies? Well...its been in the family this long so I probably will hang on to it. Might make a good dove or clay gun.