Thread: Yet another red dot scope question.

Yet another red dot scope question.

I recently installed a quad rail on my SAR1,I equipped it with a Sight Mark reflex scope,after 100 rds or so,the scope no longer turns on.I'm wondering if the recoil kicked the crap outta the scope to the point of where it tapped.I am now in the market for a red dot,would like to keep it around $150.Should I install new red dot on quad rail or side mount as I have one laying around? Thanks in advance.

How long was it turned on? First simple thing I would do is change batteries. Might not be the problem, but you never know.

You might have a bad red dot. I've been running that exact Sitemark on mine for a while and it's been great. Of its really down I'd send it back before you spend the money for a new sight.

Thanks for the replies. Do you have your sight mounted on a quad rail or a side mount? I'm wondering if a side mount would be easier on the sight in regards to recoil.

I went the scoutscopes route http://scoutscopes.com/. Side mounts left the sight off-center over the top off the rifle and it just bugged me for no good reason.