Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mini-14.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    hmm, like a scaled down m1a, you say? thats the same as an m-14. you your saying it looks like a "mini m-14" " ?? i wonder if theres a way to shorten that name........
    LOL!

The little Ruger Mini is and was a flop. They are an outdated design and Ruger will drop them from their line. Ruger has now developed an AR platform. If the Mini was better than an AR Ruger would not have brought an AR to market.

Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    The little Ruger Mini is and was a flop. They are an outdated design and Ruger will drop them from their line. Ruger has now developed an AR platform. If the Mini was better than an AR Ruger would not have brought an AR to market.
    So then... why did they recently buy all new tooling and re-design the Mini-14? I am willing to bet money that Ruger sells more Mini's than their SR-556 by a large margin (Not that their AR isn't great), and that this classic design isn't going anyplace, anytime soon.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    So then... why did they recently buy all new tooling and re-design the Mini-14? I am willing to bet money that Ruger sells more Mini's than their SR-556 by a large margin (Not that their AR isn't great), and that this classic design isn't going anyplace, anytime soon.
    That isn't much of a bet as the Mini has sucked for accuracy for nearly 30 years and it is still around. Granted it may be vastly better now, (I won't be getting one to find out) so it isn't hard to think that it will endure as long as people use rifles that shoot bullets and can own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That isn't much of a bet as the Mini has sucked for accuracy for nearly 30 years and it is still around. Granted it may be vastly better now, (I won't be getting one to find out) so it isn't hard to think that it will endure as long as people use rifles that shoot bullets and can own them.
    I got one, and couldn't be happier. But I understand being burned by a manufacturer. I still wont buy a Sig product.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    I got one, and couldn't be happier. But I understand being burned by a manufacturer. I still wont buy a Sig product.
    What happened with Sig?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    What happened with Sig?
    I used to have a 220, it was my first Semi Auto Pistol. Constant FTE's, sent it back to the factory, came back still had issues, called them, they told me to send it back, I did... came back with the same problem. Had my dad take it to a smith to fix it locally... three weeks later I was blasting away at the range when it started jamming... looked at the side and noticed the take-down lever was busted.

It's not common to get a Sig Lemon... and I KNOW they make a good gun... but the experience gave me issues.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12