Thread: What do you do on 911, I did it with a M1 Garand

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

What do you do on 911, I did it with a M1 Garand

I was watching when the towers went down and people were jumping out beforehand and I just can't get into the mood to memorialize something like that. A weakness of mine I guess.

The day after it happened I shot my first Osama bin Laden target and have been doing it every year since. Maybe not so politically correct and I get no real joy out of it but symbolically it's my statement, 'you done messed with the wrong folks and some of us old codgers may not be able to run and jump and chase you around the mountains but we can still make life miserable for you if you send your hounds of war into our neighborhood'.

Every year it is with a different gun, this year it was my M1 Garand and I shot two targets not my usual one. Ammo is Czech milsurp.

First target was 25 yards offhand
    , second was 50 yards sitting.

I still hold a grudge. It's a Grumpy Old Man thing.
    Last edited by old Grump; 09-12-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'd like to have done some shooting at Ossama targets but can't do to still having to work. It's good to have a job when so many millions in the US that would like one don't.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Too bad the seals didn't shoot him in the head with .30-06.

"Splat!"
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"