Thread: Interesting article by Matt bracken.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Interesting article by Matt bracken.

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpres...e-in-violence/

Sounds somewhat plausable and useful and is a good read.

Interesting scenario, but I don't think it would ever get past the Flash Mob Riots stage before Martial Law was declared and the National Guard came storming in once it became clear that the police had lost control of the cities.

It's only once the military paychecks stopped flowing that shit would really hit the fan. But if it ever got to that point, we'd have a lot more to worry about than a few urban mobs.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Very interesting. I consider it not a matter of if but when. The dollar crashing is inevitable considering the current debt and spending and unfunded liabilities of the gov't. When hyperinflation sets in all bets are off. The one thing in the article that really stood out to me as unrealistic is his assumption mobs will have access to the internet to coordinate. I think at the first few riots on a large scale the federal gov't will shut down the internet.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Yup, cell phones and internet will be down and land lines restricted. Going to be a lot of old CB radios pulled out of the box from the top shelf of the garage and batteries by the millions used to get walkie talkies back on line. The flash mobs as sueual will tear down the infrastructure theat they rely on to buy food, medicine and clothing thus hurting their families more than the government. They move into the wrong corner of town a lot fewer of them will be going home. Jumping delivery trucks, bus and cab drivers will become a hazardous undertaking as they will arm themselves a lot quicker than they did in LA. I don't think this would last long at all and probably bad but not as bad as shutting us down and the government going belly up. .

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.