Thread: Got a old school Winchester 1300 defender.

was_peacemaker

Got a old school Winchester 1300 defender.

Must admit...I love my Winchester 1200 skeet gun, but this Winchester 1300 riot gun is really sweet, and feels so good in my hands. Its not tacti-cooled out. Its just a straight wood stock, and grip has grooves cut into them, when I cleaned up the property I found it and about a bandolier and a 1/2 of 00 buck shot...kind of old but still useful.

Anyone else have the 1300 defender? Any advice you can give? Should I leave it be...or are there any accessories I could add to it? The only thing I am thinking of right now is a sling.

Perhaps a fiber optic front sight, perhaps just take any money you would spend on accessories and spend it on ammo

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

dont be that guy. that design has worked fine for many many years before tapco was even in existence, whats changed since then?

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Perhaps a fiber optic front sight, perhaps just take any money you would spend on accessories and spend it on ammo
    This. Also peacemaker, did you find this gun or was it one you forgot you had?

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedcomrade View Post
    This. Also peacemaker, did you find this gun or was it one you forgot you had?
    Inherited from a family member who had recently passed. Seems to be in really good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Must admit...I love my Winchester 1200 skeet gun, but this Winchester 1300 riot gun is really sweet, and feels so good in my hands. Its not tacti-cooled out. Its just a straight wood stock, and grip has grooves cut into them, when I cleaned up the property I found it and about a bandolier and a 1/2 of 00 buck shot...kind of old but still useful.

Anyone else have the 1300 defender? Any advice you can give? Should I leave it be...or are there any accessories I could add to it? The only thing I am thinking of right now is a sling.
    I've got one...had it for about 15-20 years. Wood stock, no frills, brass bead front sight. It's lived in my bedroom closet without complaint for a long time (I take it out for exercise once a year) I wouldn't change anything about it. I'm like that though...even my AK's are all wood stocked.

My Grandfather used to say: Works good? Lasts a long time? THEN DON'T FUCK WITH IT!

I have a Defender I use for home defense. I love the way it feels and its so comfortable. The only add ons I have on it are a side saddle that I made for it and a sling. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogiebear View Post
    I have a Defender I use for home defense. I love the way it feels and its so comfortable. The only add ons I have on it are a side saddle that I made for it and a sling. I love it.
    All right, you got me: how the hell do you add a "side saddle" to a shotgun?

Diesel 88888888

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    All right, you got me: how the hell do you add a "side saddle" to a shotgun?

Diesel 88888888

Screws?