Thread: First Draco - Couple of Questions Please

First Draco - Couple of Questions Please

Had a chance to get a slighly used Draco. I didn't realise how quick they sell out whan available.
    1. Being a pistol, are they subject to 922 parts count?
    2. Are the handguards standard to other AKs? A Romanian forward grip seems like it would be very effective on a Draco.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Answer to question #1. 922(r) refers to "Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns."

As copied directly from the unconstitutional codified regulation.

2- I believe the Draco uses standard handguards. Unfortunately if you want to put a forward grip on a pistol, you have to file the paperwork for the 1934 National Firearms act and pay the blackmail fee for making the pistol a so-called "Any Other Weapon" what ever the hell that is.

Sorry, I get a little flamed when the right of the people to keep and bear arms has so been stomped on.

So in that light, parts count not an issue, forward grip a major issue.

weld a 5.5" extension like USMG sells to get your 26" OAL and 16" barrel and toss on your front grip.

OR

you could get a rail system and add a magpul AVG.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

SBR it!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Had a chance to get a slighly used Draco. I didn't realise how quick they sell out whan available.
    1. Being a pistol, are they subject to 922 parts count?
    2. Are the handguards standard to other AKs? A Romanian forward grip seems like it would be very effective on a Draco.
    Thanks in advance!!!!
    Question 1...No. US made parts are NOT required on an AK pistol.
    Question 2...As stated, jumping through the Government hoops is required to legally attach a forward grip on a pistol.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Thanks guys. I hear you loud and clear Nut. A lot of rights are getting stomped on and the stomps are getting harder and harder. Patriot Act to NDAA; where will it stop?

As far as the Draco, the forward grip is not worth jumping through the hoops. I guess that I why I see none in the picture thread.

A nice Romanian red pistol grip will be a small upgrade to it. I am glad to know I don't need to worry about the orgin for the pistol grip.

Here is what I did to mine so far. No SBR yet....

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Nice FunkyPertwee. Are those krink handguards and a Chineese grip?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Nice FunkyPertwee. Are those krink handguards and a Chineese grip?
    Chinese Poly-Tech grip listed as orange color. Handguards are Taiwanese clones of AK-74 handguards. I need to refinish those one day.

Other changes include the sling plate adapter under the p-grip, installed Tapco G2 (great for bumpfire), and busted the weld off the muzzle nut so I can use the threads. Plus some minor gunsmithing to fix a few weirdnesses.

Hi FunkyP.......Tapco G2 trigger group.....single hook vs. double hook ?.....what's that about?
    There is more to life than increasing it's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AK AK GUY View Post
    Hi FunkyP.......Tapco G2 trigger group.....single hook vs. double hook ?.....what's that about?
    Single hook for Romanian rifles. I mean pistols. Weapons.

Some guys will cut the extra slit into their receivers so it will take the double hook because supposedly the pull is better, but that seems like overkill to me.

Here is a picture that came up on google image search:

5mm drill; 7mm drill and a template, vice grips...and the 5mm drill can be used to make the cut in the rail...now that is 'rocking' and 'rolling' but there are some disadvantages...........yep, some!

Diesel 88888888

Last edited by Diesel; 10-02-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Its just not worth it. The law is to much of a gray area to put a foregrip on it. Y risk jail time just for an accessory. I got a ak 47 krinkov pistol. I went thru the same thing. Your local law enforcment might take it anyway. Why bother carrying a gun that you gotta carry papers along with it to prove its legal. Great gun tho. I love them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ak guy View Post
    Its just not worth it. The law is to much of a gray area to put a foregrip on it. Y risk jail time just for an accessory. I got a ak 47 krinkov pistol. I went thru the same thing. Your local law enforcment might take it anyway. Why bother carrying a gun that you gotta carry papers along with it to prove its legal. Great gun tho. I love them!!!
    When it's time to cary a SUKA you are the law...and it will ever be so; long live the AKS74U!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesel 88888888

Quote Originally Posted by Ak guy View Post
    Something tells me that he isn't referring to a front grip, but rather another type of NFA-regulated firearms modification.