Thread: Want your input. Got first izhmash saiga 762.

Want your input. Got first izhmash saiga 762.

Got a saiga 7.62 x 39. Paid 419.00. It was the last one so i was rushed into buying it cause they were going fast. Its all stalk. Black. & cant wait to shoot this thing. Dont know anything about the Izhmash though. Any info helps. Thx

What do you want to know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ak guy View Post
    Got a saiga 7.62 x 39. Paid 419.00. It was the last one so i was rushed into buying it cause they were going fast. Its all stalk. Black. & cant wait to shoot this thing. Dont know anything about the Izhmash though. Any info helps. Thx
    A friend of mine just got one. He says it's pretty accurate, more than he expected (he's an SKS guy, as am I). No problems with it at all so far.
    Izhmash is the AK factory, the old Izhevsk, and Saiga is their sporter line of firearms. On the other side of the factory they make the military AK's.
    Need to know there are a few changes between the AK and the Saiga version. First and foremost, the Saiga's will not take AK magazines.
    From what I've seen you can pretty much convert the Saiga to a standard AK, but why bother?

Izmash is where AK's come from. Pure and simple.

Tha AK103 you see in those Chechnian war photos? That's from Izmash. Your Saiga? Also from Izmash.

They are even built on the same receiver.

What I'm getting at is a Saiga is the real deal. It'a as "authentic" as a civilian AK will get. If it's an AK you want, you will not be dissapointed!

Enjoy your rifle and shoot safe bro!