Thread: Why MN is not as cool as WI

Why MN is not as cool as WI

Picked up a new rifle today and didn't have to show any "permits".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'd say that pretty much says MN sucks!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Doesn't take much to get the purchase permit but your point is valid. To get a handgun or "assault weapon" retail here you need one. WI will probably vote the right way in the election too while this state the only one that voted for mondale won't.....Of course we have a regular system of cheating, Franken and Dayton both lost but miraculously "won".

Hey Vit, how's WI on full auto, silencers, SBR's? We can't have anything but C+R full auto, no silencers, and can have SBR's.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 10-19-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Try living in Illinois. No concealed carry at all, and now Cook county (Chicago) wants a 25% tax on all firearms and a tax of a nickle a bullet. A Winchester 555 box of .22 LR will more than double in price. I'm just glad I don't live in Cook county.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Hey Vit, how's WI on full auto, silencers, SBR's? We can't have anything but C+R full auto, no silencers, and can have SBR's.
    SBR's are good to go, silencers are good to go, full auto got a bit confusing recently - somebody did some "interpreting" and now even trusts need a CLEO sign off. No magazine limitations even for hunting.
    Unfortunately, the CCW law did not do away with the 48 hour wait on handguns. But then again most of my purchases are FTF.

I'm glad I live in SD. No permits to purchase, our 48 hr waiting period went away a couple of years ago, and NFA is a breeze here. They even just started allowing suppressors for hunting. Of course we're limited to 5 rds in our CF rifles/pistols when hunting but hey. That too can be changed.

Oh, and our CCW permit? $10 and a quick questionairre at the local SO. 1-2 weeks later, viola, a valid SD carry permit.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    I'm glad I live in SD. No permits to purchase, our 48 hr waiting period went away a couple of years ago, and NFA is a breeze here. They even just started allowing suppressors for hunting. Of course we're limited to 5 rds in our CF rifles/pistols when hunting but hey. That too can be changed.

Oh, and our CCW permit? $10 and a quick questionairre at the local SO. 1-2 weeks later, viola, a valid SD carry permit.
    I'll tell you what hazmat, I've been delivering to Sioux falls and Pierre on my current bid, the rolling hills once you cross the Missouri river sure look sweet on I90!!!!! The freedom sure sounds nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    SBR's are good to go, silencers are good to go, full auto got a bit confusing recently - somebody did some "interpreting" and now even trusts need a CLEO sign off. No magazine limitations even for hunting.
    Unfortunately, the CCW law did not do away with the 48 hour wait on handguns. But then again most of my purchases are FTF.
    Better than MN for sure. My Sheriff's dept is fine, I have a C+R MG, but you need a manufacturers license to slip through the "loophole" to own non-C+R full auto. Silencers are a nono unless you are grandfathered in. SBR's are okay. Sounds like SD is the place to be in the upper midwest! (Well except their version of plowing the highways means flashing road closed signs and salt means throwing a handfull of sand)....LOL