Thread: Muzzle brake (tight)?

Muzzle brake (tight)?

Does the muzzle brake need to be "snug" when it hits the detent? Or is it OK to tighten to "snug" and then back off to the first detent notch?
    There is more to life than increasing it's speed.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Does not need to be tight. Simly thread it on as close to tight as you can go but stop and let the pin engage the notch. The slant brake should be at a slight angle, not straight up and down. In full auto fire the angled blast deflection would help with the diagonal lift generated by bullet torque and recoil. I assume you have a slant brake vs. an AK74 type brake.

Thanx Schuetz.......that makes sense. Right now I have a Krink brake (but have not shot it yet) and 2 Tapco's on order.....a slant & a slotted. Will take 'em all out to play ASAP. My Krink has 1 left-ish and 2 right-ish lateral ports, which seems like the right direction to counteract RH twist on my Mini Draco. Are all AK's & variants RH twist? I didn't check the orientation of the slant brake, but most pics I've seen of slants seem to have it off to the right. I don't think the slotted one has an orientation, but I'm not full auto anyway, so.........
    There is more to life than increasing it's speed.