Thread: second trip to the range with the Tiger

second trip to the range with the Tiger

Only went through 40 rounds. two targets @100 yards

IMAG1595.jpg
    IMAG1596.jpg

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Not bad, what ammo?

I still need to do some tweaking on the scope. Brown Bear 174 grain fmj non corrosive.

Nice groups! Those are about 30% smaller than I am getting with Hungarian light ball. I am planning on doing some ammo tweaking this winter..................

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Try some Privi...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes pretty good grouping for that style of weapon. See if you can find any Yugoslav 180 gr. copper jacketed surplus. Hard to come by but very good stuff.

Thanks. Will try to get better ammo. Am I expecting too much from this gun? I can shoot my 10/22 better at 100 yards easily. It does have a 16x scope on it. How do people shoot these guns accurately out to 300+ meters? Can you even see a target 300+ meters away wit a 4X scope?

Aaron; If you are getting that kind of grouping out of your rifle with the 4X scope, I think you would see a definate improvement by going to the POSP 8X unit. I think I would stay with nothing larger than what you are using(174 gr.). The 147 gr. Wolf ammo is suppose to be really good.........................

180 grain B&B if it is still out there...our SVD was used with an issue silencer to disrupt the source of sound, etc., and consider, these rifles are good but nowhere as good as an M-14 with an ART scope.

Diesel 88888888

I was under the impression that the Tigers liked the lighter 154 grn stuff better. At least mine does. Anyone know the twist rate of a Tiger (or are you going to make find it myself..lol)

Quote Originally Posted by mack8384 View Post
    I was under the impression that the Tigers liked the lighter 154 grn stuff better. At least mine does. Anyone know the twist rate of a Tiger (or are you going to make find it myself..lol)
    1:12.5

Thanx nitewatcher-- this brings up an entirely new subject- what ammo do most of you Tiger/SVD owners use and what have you found to be most accurate.