Thread: CAI AK-47 Zastava M70 vs. Romanian Wasr 10?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CAI AK-47 Zastava M70 vs. Romanian Wasr 10?

So, if you were about to trade away a nice 1911 that you really like for an AK-47, which would you choose... and why? What if a Century Arms ak47 (with a quad rail and folding adjustable stock) that was created out of a bullpup and includes the bullpup conversion kit were also on the table?
    Thanks in advance for any input.

My only advice right now is to slow down a little. Build up your funds while looking around.
    You'll be able to narrow down what you want and have enough for it when you find it.
    Sounds like you like what you have and if you jump too quick you may regret it later.
    Just my two cents
    Last edited by Full Otto; 10-23-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

I hear ya, Otto, and to be honest I'm starting to have second thoughts. Saving for guns right now is a VERY long term proposition..... our finances are just too tight. So getting an AK later will take a long time. But, so will replacing the 1911 I have up for sale or trade. I have one offer for a lower end AK, but I would keep all my .45ACP ammo. That's appealing, since I'll still have all that ammo when someday I have the funds to replace my Para 1911 with the Kimber that I'd rather have.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

$850 is about the break point between lower end / shooter grade AKs and the collectable AKs. It is going to be difficult to price a good trade w/o cash or lots of extras involved.

Between the other thread and this one it sounds like you have three possible trades and I'm not sure we have enough info on any of them to give reasonable advice.

You might be better off selling the Para for cash and then shopping a deal... or just saving up...
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 10-25-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Same advice as in the other thread - SGL21.
    Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
    ----------------------------------------------
    Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?

The zastava is built like a tank. Night and day vs the wasr. Even if the doublestack bolt and feed ramp mods must be done I will still be under $800 on it
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations