Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1200 to much for this guys??

were gun laws are finally making since!!!

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Right now, probably not. If Romney wins probably. You only live once. I couldn't afford mine when I bought it, so I wouldn't discourage the purchase. Ramen noodles exist for a reason.

i hear brother, good thing i got a stock pile of um too, lol

From a collectable standpoint maybe? Keep in mind these were @ $600 three years ago.

IF you want it to hold onto and collect, sure, it might be worth it's currently inflated price. Theyr are actually very nice semi autos IMHO. Fun shooters!

If you just need an AK style weapon in a full power chambering you can still get a Saiga .308 and scope + mount for less if you're savy. It will do just about the exact same thing balistics and accuracy wise.

cool, thanks doc,

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Tops I'd go for one is $750 to $800, so yes I think it's a rape job of a price.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

They are an OK rifle, but I can't see that price... Kind of a poor man's Dragunov, but not nearly as collectable. They are the WASR version of the x54 rifles really, not the fit or finish of the Russian, Chinese or Yugos. Still nice to have and shoot. Anything above a grand is pricey to me for one...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I really love mine, but I paid almost half that and have over 10 mags.

For that money, I'd get a 23" VEPR and new Russian scope.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That is much too expensive. Like others have said, it wasn't too long ago they were selling for $600 with scope. Even with the price of firearms going up due to fear, $800 tops.

FunkyPertwee, been there, done that, like it. Somewhere is a thread by me on my new VERP with 23" barrel and POSP scope. Although I am thrilled with the VEPR, I wouldn't mind a nice PSL to go with my TIGR, but the price would have to be a lot better than the one linked to above.

$1200 for a PSL is way much. For the money they are asking for these now, you could almost buy a decent FAL, VEPR, or Saiga in a full-house mil chambering (7.62x51/54r). I just can't see paying more than twice what they're worth.

'Nut, I paid $1500 for my Tiger in '06. $1200 for a PSL is just too much of a stretch.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

thank you all for the advice, think i'll hold off and wait. thanks

If you like 54R, I would get a VEPR in that caliber. I purchased a VEPR in 54R from Centerfire Systems about a month ago for $699.00. This is a really cool rifle, shoots great and is very accurate. I checked a few minutes ago and they still have them on sale. The only down side is they come with 2 5-rnd magazines. The mags can be expanded to 6 or 7 rnds if you like to play with springs. They are selling 10 rounders which I am thinking can be expanded to 12 or 13 rnds. They have a built-in scope-mounting rail which takes AK accessories. Do not use SVD scopes or accessories with THIS RIFLE! I will post some pics if I can...........................

thank you ray for the info, i would like to see some pics if you get a chance thank you

VEPRs absolutely KILL the PSL in the fit and finish department. (They actually kill most AK's in that department...)

A VEPR in 54r will do everything a PSL does and better. It'll even look real purty doing it.

Honestly, with the PSL prices creeping into VEPR and converted Saiga range there isn't competition. PSL is the weakest choice of the three. Their main selling point was the great value. Without that low sticker price it just doesn't compete quality wise with other AK's in the same price tier. Unless of course you just have to have one for to complete your collection. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY1946 View Post
    If you like 54R, I would get a VEPR in that caliber. I purchased a VEPR in 54R from Centerfire Systems about a month ago for $699.00. This is a really cool rifle, shoots great and is very accurate. I checked a few minutes ago and they still have them on sale. The only down side is they come with 2 5-rnd magazines. The mags can be expanded to 6 or 7 rnds if you like to play with springs. They are selling 10 rounders which I am thinking can be expanded to 12 or 13 rnds. They have a built-in scope-mounting rail which takes AK accessories. Do not use SVD scopes or accessories with THIS RIFLE! I will post some pics if I can...........................
    Please explain why?

Yes, by all means, please essplain.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

hummmmmmm i wonder why u can't use svd scopes???

I don't know the Vepr specs, perhaps he is saying the Vepr has an AK gage scope mount rail rather than SVD ... in that case, a scope with SVD/PSL base wouldn't clamp correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    I don't know the Vepr specs, perhaps he is saying the Vepr has an AK gage scope mount rail rather than SVD ... in that case, a scope with SVD/PSL base wouldn't clamp correctly.

I have a .308 VEPR and I use an SVD scope and mount, which is why I wonder why I can't use it. Granted it does not hold zero after removal and installation, but once rezero'd it works very nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast