Thread: Anyone Built One of the Crutch Folders Yet?

Anyone Built One of the Crutch Folders Yet?

Just thought I'd put something up in the Egypt folder to see if anyone is still looking. With all the crutch kits that hit the streets last month, there's bound to be some out there, right?
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    damn,,,,, theres nothing but crickets cherping on this forum.....

I know, huh?
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Well hell. I guess since it's my thread, I'll throw the first pic out there.

Just finished her this afternoon as part of a project for work, of all places.

Still have to test fire her. I'll probably do that this weekend, along with the M92 I finished almost 2 weeks ago. Once that's done, ye olde Duracoat will come out and that should be that. Also got a sling on the way from AoA.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Looks great from here, let's see some pics outside. What rec'r did you use?

t

I use NoDak Spud receivers exclusively. Only one rifle I tried to build on an ITM receiver, and that was more trouble than it was worth.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

looks very nice. does it work? lol j/k
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    looks very nice. does it work? lol j/k
    Like an AK?

Seriously though, it shoots great. I typically don't put my AKs on paper, as I shoot them more for practical accuracy than for true accuracy. But she ran one mag of Herters and one mag of Yugo mil-surp without a hiccup.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

I am a newbie to this AK building, most all my experience with AR's. I picked up one of these kits w/out barrel, probably paid too much, like I said I am new to this. How about some recommendations as to receivers, barrels, general info. Obviously buying a completed receiver is the most simple, but I don't usually go simple. Too dumb. With the AR's I usually did 80%ers. So, how hard can the AK receiver be??

Thanks guys,

Fnsane

Very nice work.