Thread: Used Legion/Arsenal LV SGL21 found at gun shop

Used Legion/Arsenal LV SGL21 found at gun shop

I haven't picked up any new AK-based toys in 3 or 4 years, but in late June I did find this used Legion Saiga / Arsenal Las Vegas SGL21 wearing OD green livery in a gun shop for $450 OTD; which seemed like a smoking good deal:

I don't care for that muzzle device, but the weapon is very well put together and is quite accurate. I've only fired the Golden Tiger 7.62 through it, but I have no problem hitting bowling pins at 100 yds and 2-Ltr soda bottles at 200 yds.

Noah

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

That was a good deal and the rifle sound pretty accurate.

I never like the looks of the 74 style brakes, but they are one that does reduce felt recoil and makes for faster follow-up. Not pretty, but one of the more fuctional brakes...

Laton:

I've been out of acquiring new to me AKs for a few years and had no idea whatsoever what a "Legion Saiga" was, but I do recall Arsenal LV, etc. I figured that a Saiga in that configuration, accepting hi-cap mags, with evidence of very little firing, and at a WASR price point just had to be a no-brainer. Price was $459 and the LGS owner offered $450 OTD while I had the hood off it and was looking at the reciprocating and rotating bits inside with my Streamlight. The thing is very nicely put together.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah Zark; 03-17-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Resistance is NOT futile; resistance is voltage divided by current.