Thread: Anybody about to be affected by hurricane Earl?

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Anybody about to be affected by hurricane Earl?

So, anybody prepping for 'ol Earl to come for a visit? If so, keep us updated! I am curious to see how things play out with this hurricane, considering the fact that it may hit or come close to a few large cities. I guess we shall keep our fingers crossed that we don't have any major damage from this storm, especially with 0Bongo in charge!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Oh, and if the Governor says to evacuate, do it! Or at least don't whine afterward if you don't.

Be safe, East Coast.

We live two hours inland from the NC coast. I can see the clouds moving in from the east and the wind has picked up just a bit. If Earl turns and heads up the coast like they say, we are only going to get some wind. If it doesn't turn, we are going to get nailed. Either way, we'll be good to go.
    Last edited by cciota; 09-02-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

DeadPool
    i live right on the coast of va. we couldnt be any closer to the coast unless we walked 2 blocks to the beach. i hate hurricanes. im kissing my power good by as i speak.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    i live right on the coast of va. we couldnt be any closer to the coast unless we walked 2 blocks to the beach. i hate hurricanes. im kissing my power good by as i speak.
    Be safe, DP. I hope your house doesn't receive any damage.

DeadPool
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Be safe, DP. I hope your house doesn't receive any damage.
    thanks man, me too. i thought for sure somebody was gonna say something smart about me kissing my breaker. lol. ive come to expect such things from here

thanks man, me too. i thought for sure somebody was gonna say something smart about me kissing my breaker. lol. ive come to expect such things from here
    Hey, what happens between you, your breaker and the neighbors milk cow is your business.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

im kissing my power good by as i speak.
    Hey, nothing like hurricane sex in the dark!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Not going to bother me here in Wisconsin but I have a sister, a brother and a whole mess of nieces and nephews in North Carolina who could get wet if that storm deviates Westward.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

As the crow flies, I live about 12 miles from a coastal bay and about 3 miles past that is the ocean. All of my county, in MD, has been under a tropical storm warning since yesterday. Just came in from walking the circle in my housing development and there are still patches of sky visible, but the clouds are closing in. NC and VA will probably get most of the storm, but we're supposed to get 40-60 mph winds and rain. The coastal areas are predicted to flood. No one has been evacuated on the coast yet, as of 2345.

Since my area has only had 2 inches of rain since May, we're hoping we, at least, get wet. It's a shame when it takes a hurricane to bring some rain.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 gewehr44's Avatar

Meh, it'll probably be a little windy & rainy where I am on Friday, but I doubt much will come from it. I noticed on the way home tonight some high cirrus clouds were giving the moon that hazy appearance, probably the outermost influence of the storm.

My parents are flying into Washington D.C. in a few hours for sight-seeing and to catch a college football game nearby this weekend. I told them they were crazy visiting the East Coast at a time like this, but they insist that if fate causes the plane to be stranded somewhere else, they'll just make the best of it. It doesn't look like the storm is supposed to hit very far inland once it moves up along the coast, but hurricanes tend to have minds of their own, and projections aren't always accurate.

Guess I'll just have to put my faith in the pilot to make the right call if things get too dicey for a safe landing there. Worst case scenario, they'll have to cancel their White House visit that they arranged through our local Congresscritter, and just hole up in the hotel until the storm passes instead.

Hunker down Yankees, and stay safe.

My son called me, they were up all night getting all the planes off at his base. He said it was sort of neat watching the last plane take off.