Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your post-election purchases

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Your post-election purchases

So, what are you all going to be purchasing or stocking up on while you still can to prepare for Obamageddon?

AR lowers, Pmags, 22-round .40 Glock mags, and ammo here. I have a feeling that 4Q 2012 and 1Q 2013 will see even more firearms, ammunition, and firearms accessory sales than there already are. Obongo sure is one hell of a gun salesman!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Don't have enough money for a new gun. Have to save up for Christmas. About all I'll be able to get is a box or two of ammo every once in a while. (If I don't shoot it, it'll last forever....)

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm wanting a Kel-Tec PF-9 for daily carry.

After that I mainly just need additional hollowpoint ammunition and LBE shit for carrying rifles.

A Kel-Tec Sub-2000 with Glock 33 rounders would be good folded up in a bag, now that I find myself staying away from home in order to get to work and school.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 11-07-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

nothing, I'm watching my money and increasingly paying shit off.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

What Helen said. Pretty much. I'm hoping I can get debt free before the depression hits.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I need five complete upper kits to go on the bare receivers I bought...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I could use one light weight 16" middy gas system AR upper, chances of getting it before next August are slim. Would also love two more suppressors, that's not going to happen anytime soon either.

two cases of .556, a case of buckshot, and an extra 6 pmags. So far.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Aimsurplus has free shipping on Pmags right now. I just ordered 8 more last night for just under $100. Not too shabby.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I could use one light weight 16" middy gas system AR upper, chances of getting it before next August are slim. Would also love two more suppressors, that's not going to happen anytime soon either.
    These are in stock.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ium-upper.html
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The wife wants a 16" CAR lightweight with green stocks. I'm having trouble finding a full rifle kit in stock...

Well, I'd like to get about 3 form 1's in but.. . . I also have 3 AR receivers that I'm sitting on. . . I think realisticly I'm just going to try and put in as much reloading supplies as I can and maybe build a green house to try and get a small tilapia farm going in. Maybe put in another 1500gl water collection tank.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    The wife wants a 16" CAR lightweight with green stocks. I'm having trouble finding a full rifle kit in stock...
    Keep you eye on Palmetto State Armory. They're hit and miss but great stuff at reasonable prices.

I'm working a trade. I never shoot my H&K USC, so I'm thinking about switching it for a Sig 556 or something to that effect. I need something different. Maybe a FS2000. A boat oar would look nice in my safe.
    Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I acquired a SIG 556 pre election, but received it post election. Glad I stockpiled components for reloading over the last several years.

I'll take the new girl out and pop a few rounds through her, zero the irons, and continue the search for a RDS. The trigger is really swell. Been a long time since I futzed around with anything AR related, and inserting magazines in the mag well feels alien to me compared to the "rock in" designs to which I have grown accustomed.

These days I've been thoroughly enjoying the 22 long rifle bolt actioned CZ I bought maybe 7 year ago or so. Great marksmanship practice at an affordable price.

I'm not too concerned about Obama. But we'll see, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Well, I'd like to get about 3 form 1's in but.. . . I also have 3 AR receivers that I'm sitting on. . . I think realisticly I'm just going to try and put in as much reloading supplies as I can and maybe build a green house to try and get a small tilapia farm going in. Maybe put in another 1500gl water collection tank.
    Catfish is about as easy and much more nutritious. Tilapia is about the worst fish you can eat, especially the imported from the orient. It is the highest in bad cholesterol and lowest in good oils and cholesterol of any fish that is normal table fair.

You might look at fresh water prawns also.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Catfish is about as easy and much more nutritious. Tilapia is about the worst fish you can eat, especially the imported from the orient. It is the highest in bad cholesterol and lowest in good oils and cholesterol of any fish that is normal table fair.

You might look at fresh water prawns also.
    I call tilapia Asian sewer trout, they make a pond a foot or more deep, build 5 layers of chicken coops on stilts above the water, feed only the top two tiers...they go up five layers with woven wire floors. The 'scratch' from the top two filters down to the bottom three with the chicken shit...all of which the hungry chickens eat...what's left with the chicken shit feeds the tilapia.

And, while I don't eat cat fish...I don't eat tilapia either...don't like the soft texture of the meat. Let the Asians have them!

Diesel 88888888

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

there are still a few things im in the market for, but im staying far away from any gun store to avoid all of the fuktard asshole panic buyers.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    there are still a few things im in the market for, but im staying far away from any gun store to avoid all of the fuktard asshole panic buyers.
    Yep. Buying anything now is just feeding into the general panic. It's like going out New Year's Eve drinking when every silly amateur is doing the same thing.

Yea,,, If I went to a shop right now and heard some toilet water IQ fucktard spoutin' '"bamas gonna ban all der gunz" I"d probly lose my mind. Some folks aren't worth educating on how we can lite a fire under all these folks just by mentioning "2014"

I did find a 1924 winchester model 12 for cheap last week that I couldnt pass up to accommodate my 1897.

Folks, with rising fuel prices + cold weather and christmas coming up , IF you can keep some cash on hand causes theres some amazing deals out there to be had .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast