Post Hurricane Hits Henry Repeating Arms

Hurricane Hits Henry Repeating Arms

To read the story click the link below.

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/273147

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Hope they get on their feet soon.

And,I hope they learned a lesson about building near a large body of water....not safe, nor secure.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Hope they get on their feet soon.

And,I hope they learned a lesson about building near a large body of water....not safe, nor secure.
    Considering the shape of this country, where it's borders are, and the need for seaports, how can people not build near a "large body of water".

On topic, I have dealt with Henry in the past, had a nice discussion with the late great Mr. Imperato, and hope they get back to producing the best lever-gun made in the USA very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Considering the shape of this country, where it's borders are, and the need for seaports, how can people not build near a "large body of water".
    The pic showed the foundation of the building about 30 or so feet from the water (bay, river?). That's too close. Moving back about 4-5 miles would be a big help in not having to deal with tidal surges, etc.

There's a saying...when a hurricane comes, get away from the water. It applies here. Five miles is a good distance unless you're on super low ground.

Sorry to keep this going, but five miles from shore would make Manhattan, Staten Island, most of Long Island, and most of New Jersey off limits. While I agree with you that moving inland is smart, sometimes you have to make a choice, take a chance, and reap what happens. For the most part, over the life of the United States, the east coast has proven to be a very nice place to live and do business. Learning to deal with hardship used to be part of the bargain, but these days of 100% security, it isn't acceptable?

Taken to illogical extremes we would need to do away with everything we do because of the potential for disaster or other issues. Americans, and for that mater all humans used to accept the risk because the rewards were so great. Now we sue doctors because they are not gods and make honest mistakes. Same as living on the shore. I used to live in Brooklyn and just off the south shore of Long Island, and the beauty of the ocean is worth the risk. Or at least it used to be.

Sorry to keep this going, but five miles from shore would make Manhattan, Staten Island, most of Long Island, and most of New Jersey off limits. While I agree with you that moving inland is smart, sometimes you have to make a choice, take a chance, and reap what happens. For the most part, over the life of the United States, the east coast has proven to be a very nice place to live and do business. Learning to deal with hardship used to be part of the bargain, but these days of 100% security, it isn't acceptable?

Taken to illogical extremes we would need to do away with everything we do because of the potential for disaster or other issues. Americans, and for that mater all humans used to accept the risk because the rewards were so great. Now we sue doctors because they are not gods and make honest mistakes. Same as living on the shore. I used to live in Brooklyn and just off the south shore of Long Island, and the beauty of the ocean is worth the risk. Or at least it used to be.
    I understand what you're saying and am not arguing with that perspective, but I live about 30 miles from a barrier island (resort island) on the Atlantic. In my lifetime, I've seen that island washed over 3 times by storms with a lot of property damage. And, every time it's the same thing. People complain about how badly they were hit and all the damage done and the rebuilding they're going to have to do, etc., etc. I used to feel sorry for them, but they keep rebuilding right back in the same location. To me, that's just asking for trouble. I don't blame them for wanting to live there, but if they choose to do so, then I don't want to hear their complaining when they lose everything to a storm. They made a choice (and Nature didn't care about their choice).

Barrier islands serve a purpose and that purpose is to lessen the impact of the storm on the mainland. They weren't meant to be built upon. The same thing can be said for people who insist on building on flood plains. It's called a flood plain because it floods.

Almost any place, right on the water, is dangerous because of the potential for flooding.

I was just hoping that when Henry rebuilds, they have the sense to relocate a little farther from the water so future storms won't have so much of an impact on their business. It makes sense from an economical standpoint to locate farther away from their current location, but I have an idea they'll just rebuild right there. That's ok, but if they do so, they will, probably, have more storm damage in the future.

Why in the Hell is anyone making rifles in the most Left Wing F'ng antigun state in the country. I would not buy anything made in N.J. They should move to a progun state.

Was surprised to find Henry is now in Jersey as it wasn't too long ago they were in Brooklyn, and I believe before that somewhere in Connecticut. If they keep moving south eventually they will get into a firearm friendly state.

i just looked at all the guns on their site and all i see looked like win 30/30s or marlins whatever. whats up with that? nothing like the 1860 henry rifles. i did find that uberti still copies the 1860 tho. kinda shocked me.

uberti/taylors.... 1860 is a masterpiece.

"henry" is just a name.... nothing to deal with model #'s or anything like that.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

yea i kinda figured that but in the commercial on tv i allways see the guy at the end shooting what looks like an 1860.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Only problem is we subsidize the insurance. If the federal program was done away with(It's bankrupt too just like most federal programs) and private insurance companies charged what the actuarial tables required people and companies would think twice.

Since you brought it up, living by the shore seems bad since this hurricane brought so much distruction to the shoreline. So here I am 800 miles inland, and tell that to the town just south of me that my church group is headed to tomorrow to help continue to rebuild after two tornadoes destroyed the town this past summer. So tell them not to live in the midwest because of the potential for tornadic activities?

Have we really lost what made this country so great, that we have to say we shouldn't live near the coast because of the possibility of flooding? How about the floods in the midwest after abnormal spring rain storms? Don't live in areas prone to tornadoes? How about the west coast and their earthquakes?

I live where I do because I like the area, and in doing so understand that at any time during the year a tornado might take me out. I deal with it and don't complain that I need to find a place that doesn't have tornado activity. I pay my insurance betting that I will be destroyed, the insurance company set the rate I agree to and bet I don't get destr

Sorry, we cannot have perfect safety from anything. Life itself is a chance. We might get cancer, we might not. We might have a heart attack, we might not. We might get into an auto accident so don't drive?

Sure, we buy insurance since we can't afford the luxuries we want, so insurance is the cost we pay betting that we will get hurt, the insurer bets we won't.

And disaster almost struck again, but thanks to insurance set up by this site, it was reparable. I wrote the above and then hit that damned "reply to thread" button instead of "post quick reply" and everything I typed went bye-bye. Thankfully the new format has auto-save, an insurance for not paying attention. I went advanced, hit the restore button at the lower right, and didn't lose my temper after typing the above post from my heart.

Thank you David and the others who added the auto-save feature!!!!!

To bad that people when seeing a tornado coming, or an earthquake, or hurricane, or pick your disaster, can't hit auto-save and reset things to just before the oops.

Lemme tell you fellas something, when you call Henry they guy who answers the phone is Anthony Imperato himself. He'll bullshit with ya, take the time to explain what his company is all about, and maybe even offer you a perk if you buy one of his rifles. Class act all the way and one of the FIRST places I go when looking for rifle.

First rate all the way, and lord knows, he is doing the work of Christ keeping a gun company open in that part of the world.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton