Thread: Carry on the first date?

Carry on the first date?

After recently getting divorced, I've finally come to that point where I feel like I can have a little fun. I was married to my ex for 4 years, during the time I had been able to introduce firearms to her in a subtle manner (and I got my HCP on the third year), so I've never had to fool around with the whole first date carrying deal. This is a new thing for me. So, good idea, bad idea--any experience?

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    I'd let her know even before the first date in some subtle way.

No point in going if she's unwilling to share you with your other love

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    After recently getting divorced, I've finally come to that point where I feel like I can have a little fun. I was married to my ex for 4 years, during the time I had been able to introduce firearms to her in a subtle manner (and I got my HCP on the third year), so I've never had to fool around with the whole first date carrying deal. This is a new thing for me. So, good idea, bad idea--any experience?
    Is your first date a trip to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    Do you carry a cell phone? Do you wear pants? Do you carry a gun? I don't understand your question. Why should a CCW bother anyone?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    I'd let her know even before the first date in some subtle way.

No point in going if she's unwilling to share you with your other love
    I don't know her stance on all this... But hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Is your first date a trip to the range?
    No. Although I would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Do you carry a cell phone? Do you wear pants? Do you carry a gun? I don't understand your question. Why should a CCW bother anyone?
    Exactly my thought, but being around gun people has made me rusty around (potential) non-gun people.

And I guess I should have added this, but I have a girl in mind, but this was just a general question for a first date. I'll just get her number and get some info that way.

If you're carrying a small pocket gun, by all means, don't let her put her hand in your pocket.
    She may get the wrong idea................
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Team GunsNet Bronze 02/2014

Be yourself... if you always carry... continue... if not don't... If you do it and she doesn't like it.. It will never work out anyway

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

How much clothing are you expecting to shed on the first date?

You could let her discover in the future and see how she reacts. All women want a man that acts like one, even if a lot of them think they are supposed to say they don't want one.

Mushroom said it all.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

It's safe PACKer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJK4n1z29ag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_8pS4AdJTU

I carried in this on some dates last year because it looks like a techno-geek thing. It in no way impeded getting some and I didn't have to explain it. Use the mag pocket to give it the full appearance. Usually I don't use it because the extra mag gets in the way of the draw.

Thanks for the input, guys. Probably going to carry my TCP in my coat pocket and hope there aren't more than two...