Thread: ? about Kalinka Kobra red dot

? about Kalinka Kobra red dot

I am new to the "AK world", having only dealt with AR stuff before. I have mixed feelings about Kalinka, mostly because there seems to be such a split opinion on them. Some people have had nothing but great experiences with them, others can't stand them. I wanted to order their Kobra red dot, but I am concerned because on another forum, it was stated Kalinka is not an authorized dealer for Axion (who I guess makes the Kobra) and that they are selling "black market" or possibly fakes. I would like to hear from anyone that has purchased a Kobra from them recently. What were your experiences with them? Was the product legit? ETC

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I do have the opinion that any Eotec or Aimpot is far better than the Kobra sight in quality and durability.

I have owned Kobras in the past, but never from Kalinka. So I don't know - problems arise when one needs service. They were Ok optics when they sold for 150 bucks, not at today's prices.

I guess you're right, at $150 compared to Aimpoint, Burris, or ACOG prices I guess the Kobra seems like a good deal. But at $450 + shipping, not so much! I mounted an Eotech 512 on one of Kalinkas low profile/centered side mounts. I haven't had a chance to shoot it, but it seems like its going to work ok

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 79camaro View Post
    I guess you're right, at $150 compared to Aimpoint, Burris, or ACOG prices I guess the Kobra seems like a good deal. But at $450 + shipping, not so much! I mounted an Eotech 512 on one of Kalinkas low profile/centered side mounts. I haven't had a chance to shoot it, but it seems like its going to work ok
    I've got 2 Eotech 512's and I can't say anything bad about either one. I use Litihium AA's in them so they batteries have a 10 year shelf life and nearly double alkelines for service life.